Part 21-- Shopping

Isen

"Tess really likes Bucky Barnes!", Becca forces out before her eyes go red and she hands Tessa's phone back to her.

"Talk later?", Tessa asks.

"Yeah, totally!", I nod. 

Tessa hangs up and I put my phone down, but 10 seconds later, she texts me.

Tessa: apologies for my quirky friend she's actually lovely on occasion and no you don't have 'competition' bucky barnes is a fictional lad you aint got crap to worry bout

Me: its fine dont worry bout it she seems kinda sweet actually

Me: and thats reassuring

~~{time skip brought to you by Bucky Barnes being a good father figure for Tessa by teaching her how to ballroom dance and tie a tie}~~

Tessa

"Hey, wanna go shopping?", Rebecca offers.

"It's almost 7," I raise an eyebrow and finish my piece of cheesecake.

"Yeah, TJ Maxx and World Market are still open. Besides, I need some new clothes and I need your bluntness to help me get decent pieces," Beck leans onto the island with her head resting on her hands. 

"Aite," I nod and stand up. I pull on my knee high combat boots and follow Rebecca into her Prius. She drives me to a nearby strip mall and excitedly drags me into the TJ Maxx.

"Ooh, this is nice!", Beck grabs my hand and pulls me to a black sweater poncho that's actually really nice. I grab an Adult Small size off the rack and wordlessly move to the clearance aisle. 

While I scan the racks of clothes, I imagine myself in one of those cutaway sequences on the office or Parks and Rec where I explain why the clearance aisle is the best and how it holds the best hidden gems of the store. Then it occurs to me that if Remi were here she would do the same thing. Admittedly, sometimes it scares me to realize how similar Remi and I are. We both pretend to look at the camera sometimes like we're on The Office, geek out about Marvel and DC,  listen to the Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd together (she's been reluctant to listen to the Beatles), and write fanfiction. 

"Are you listening to me?", Beck slaps my shoulder blade playfully.

"No," I shake my head and grab a v-neck set with white and charcoal gray v-necks. "What'd you say?"

"I asked if you wanted to look at shoes with me," Becca repeats.

"Do I have a choice?"

"No, I asked as a courtesy," Becca smiles and grabs my hand before dragging me to the shoes.

Rebecca and I spend way too much money and time at TJ Maxx and World Market, then finally head to her house where I almost immediately crash on Becca's couch.

a/n hey lads sorry about the short chapter :/ the next one will be longer i promise!