Part 6-- Royals

Tessa's POV

"Isen found some interesting things about you," the Jack started.

"Ah, yes, tell me information I already know. Why is this interrogation necessary?", I hissed.

"Don't be so disrespectful, mid-tier."

"If Isen found actual information on me, you would know by now that's not what I am," I smirked. 

The Jack glared at Isen, and Isen whispered something in his ear. "High-tier? Hm. Tell me why I'm not that surprised," the Jack mumbled.

"Wondrous! You have figured it out. Arlo didn't already tell you, though?"

The 2 guys exchanged a glance. "Can I go now?", I asked. 

"Uh, okay, sure," the Jack waved me away. I shrugged and walked to class. 

"Wait! What's your name?", Isen called.

I smirked as I looked back at the guys, activating my ability. Katherine Davis. I put my earbuds back in and continued down the hall. 

A few days later...

I actually paid attention in English class, as we were finally at my favorite part of The Call Of The Wild in which Buck kills Spitz by breaking his legs. The wondrous moment where Buck stands over Spitz's body was interrupted by feeling someone's gaze on me. I closed my eyes and activated my ability. I went into the minds of everyone in the class, coming to the conclusion that John was looking at me. I opened my eyes and continued reading. 

I suffered through physics and trigonometry, and did my homework in my free period. The day finished with western civ, and then I was finally free. I loosened my tie and unbuttoned the top 2 buttons as I walked out the gates, then checked my phone.

"Is that her?", asked a feminine voice behind me. I reached for the switchblade in my pocket.

"Yep. Maybe she'll talk to you since she doesn't like us," the Jack answered. I stopped in my tracks and used my telepathy. Hello, yes the Jack was correct. Although I find Isen's ability very impressive, my first impression of him and the Jack was quite bad. I turned around to face them. How can I help you?

"Uh, hi. I'm Remi, the Queen, and you know Blyke and Isen," Remi introduced herself, extending a hand. "I just-" her eyes gravitated toward my left arm- "want to talk and get to know you a little bit!"

This seems unnecessary, can't you just use the said information Isen here dug up to get to know me better?

"Don't talk to your Queen like that!", Blyke yelled.

I declined an invitation. I didn't swear at her. However if I must talk to you, then I guess I must comply. 

"Ah, there we go! Come on," Remi grabbed my right hand (quite a relief), and I was dragged to her dorm. Remi was quite pretty, I noticed just then.

"So, what do you want to-", I started.

"Why don't you use your real name?", Isen growled.

The question caught me off guard. "Oh! Uh...New school, new me," I lied.

"That can't be right," Isen leaned in closer to me. 

"I don't want people to know anything about my past. Unfortunately, that didn't work, as I have underestimated your talent for investigation. In a way, I didn't lie before," I answered as I backed away...right into Remi. She grabbed my left arm, and I quickly tore it away. "Please. Enough people already know," I begged her not to take my glove off. 

"She has a-", Blyke tried to speak, but I disabled the part of his brain that controlled speech. Don't. Tell. I allowed him to speak, and for some reason, the first thing he did was gasp and cough. 

"Strange reaction. I only took away your ability to speak, or did you hold your breath?", I asked, taking a small notebook from my bag and wrote down Blyke's reaction. Blyke glared at me. 

"Interesting, what is your ability?", Remi asked.

"Enhan-mind manipulation is what everyone calls it." I put the notebook away. "Remi, why are you so fascinated with my arm?"

Her eyes glowed and she wouldn't stop looking at my arm. "Electricity," she mumbled. Welp, so much for trying to hide it. 

"Please, can I look at it?"

I'm erasing your memory after, I thought, and reluctantly extended my hand. My right hand reached for the switchblade. 

After a very uncomfortable amount of time spent gawking at my prosthetic, I used my ability to erase Remi, Isen, and Blyke's memories of seeing my prosthetic, then made them each fall asleep. Once I had successfully exited the girls' dorm building, I let the 3 wake up. 

I strolled over to a coffee shop and got a green tea latte, then went home. I did my homework, and worked out for a bit (while watching Divorce Court of course). 

I hopped out of the shower only to find a text from John.

John: hey mna i saw remi blyke and isen take you somewhere, how was that

Where to begin? I smiled to myself and blushed. 

Me: eh it was aite. they looked at my prosthetic so i erased their memories of seeing it :)

John: of course you did.

I cackled. I threw on a t-shirt and shorts, then sauntered to the kitchen. I put my hair up in a messy bun and played my music. 90's hits. Yes. The people in the apartment above me must be so p. o'd that I was singing "When I Come Around" by Green Day as I made a sandwich. 

I was singing Green Day's "Basket Case" when I heard a knock at my door. I threw the door open. What could anyone want at 6:30? Especially from me. 

"Isen?" I had forgotten about his ability to follow people. 

"Oh, what happened to your arm? Anyway, what did you do to us? We fell asleep and then all woke up at the same time, we know you did it," Isen frowned.

I tried to close the door, but Isen was quite strong. 

Yeah, now go away, I took control of his mind and I started him down the street.  I locked the door and kept dancing in my living room. 

next day...

John's POV

I was in the infirmary recovering, counting down the hours. I played on my phone for a little bit, but then I heard the door opening, Sera? I heard a scoff, but it didn't sound like Sera. It was lower-pitched and cold.

"What an inconvenience," the girl mumbled. "Doc, some a*shole broke my fingers. I think I need something."

Dang, someone broke Tessa's fingers?