Part 3-- Feelings

Tessa's POV

I stepped out of the shower feeling like a new woman. I put on a bra, t-shirt, and some cut-off shorts, then grabbed my phone and some cash, threw on some flip flops, and headed out the door. I checked my watch and saw that it was 5:30. Hm, I either spent a long time in the shower or a long time exercising, I thought. I never minded when the public saw my prosthetic arm, but I didn't want anyone from school to see it. When I had at last finished my journey to Woaba Boba,  I sat down at a table at the window and enjoyed my bubble tea in the late afternoon. My phone vibrated and I reluctantly checked it.

Mom: How was your first day? Do you like your new school? Call me

"Heh," I smiled to myself. I grabbed my boba tea and stepped out of the store. Once on the street, I took out my phone and called my mom.

"Tessa!", my mom greeted.

"Hey, Mom," I smiled.

"So, how was your day? Tell me everything."

"Well, the king there is a huge a-hole. He stopped me in the middle of the hall to interrogate me and made a barrier to prevent me from leaving. He also found out about my prosthetic, which is unfortunate."

"Why didn't you use your ability?", Mom was asking the real questions here.

"I did to take the barrier down, but I didn't want to risk getting beaten up by King Arlo and his sidekick Holden," I checked the street before I jaywalked. 

"Why do you care about people seeing your prosthetic? If I'd have known that, I would've just let you have a stump. Anyway, what else is new?"

I decided to not tell her about John yet, so I just told her about how everyone at Wellston is really hot. I told my mom I lied about what my ability to a few mid-tiers, which she promptly yelled at me for doing. Understandable, I guess. We talked until I got back to my apartment, and then for another 30 minutes or so. 

When we hung up, I noticed my phone was on 35%, so I plugged it in. I decided to text John and see how he was doing.

Me: hey john its tessa

John: hey

Me: wanna hang out and catch up sometime

John: sure

Ugh, why did I have to word it like that?, I banged my head against the wall. I felt heat rush to my cheeks as my phone vibrated and John's text appeared. 

John: woaba boba on friday?

Welcome to paradise, I thought and blushed.

Me: aite, right after school?

He replied with a thumbs up emoji. 

Why do I even like him? He's unstable and brutal, but he...smiled at me. He's attractive and fit and, urgh, I'm just rambling now. I hit my head against the wall again, trying to erase my horrid emotions. They were the only things keeping me from controlling my ability. Good god, I get Spock vibes from myself.

I huffed and tried to meditate. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing, and soon sunk into my mind.

"What are you doing to yourself, Tessa?", asked a strange shadowy figure in front of me.

"Why do I think about him at all? He almost killed everyone in my class, and he's unstable, and he's always with other people," I fell to my knees in front of the shadow.

"Tessa, you're beating yourself up over having a crush. I don't see the necessity of belittling yourself."

"What are you, shadow?", I hissed. 

"We are your emotions," the cloud broke into a bunch of different people. They were all me, though. 

"And I am your logic," a me that was wearing a three piece suit and a tight french braid walked towards me from somewhere on the right. 

"Um, these are my emotions?", I cocked my head.

"Yep! I am Joy, this is Love, that's Wrath, that's Fear, Satisfaction, Contempt, Envy, Greed, Lust, Compassion, Passion, Loneliness, Bore, Doubt, and there's a few others," a me with a pretty blouse and pants stepped forward.

"Daily, you choose to make me fight this cloud of emotion so they can't be in control, Tessa. I oblige solely because I have no choice. Why do you look down upon them, though? These things are all you, Tessa. All parts of you. And yet you put them down and suppress them," Logic scolded.

"Logic is right, Tessa. We just want to help you. Please just let us do our job," Love begged.

It was strange seeing all my emotions in a crowd of people that were all me. They were all at my mercy, I controlled them all. 

"I apologize. This is a very strange experience for me, though. Please be patient," I put my head down.

"At last you learn, you may go back now," Logic raised her hand and touched my forehead.

I opened my eyes with a gasp, then grabbed my phone to check the time. 9:15. 

I changed into an old t-shirt, then brushed my teeth and got some water, then proceeded to fall asleep as soon as I hit the bed.

Thanks for reading, I hope you like this fanfic so far!

- Schlorgan27 :D

Update: this and the past chapters are edited!