Part 16-- The Dance and The Civil War

quick note here to say HOLY HECK I GOT 900 READS ON THIS DUMPSTER FIRE

THANKS YALL

I LOVE YOU

STAY SAFE LADS

Isen

"Shall we?", I hold my arm out for Tessa to hook her arm into. She does just that and nods before letting me lead her into the gym. Tessa in full goth/emo getup is uncharacteristically hot. I mean I'm not complaining.

"Hey...we don't actually have to dance, right?", I ask.

"Oh hell no," Tessa shakes her head. "What time does the movie start? And I love that Billie Joe Armstrong energy."

"In an hour, thanks! Do you know how to dance? Just curious."

"I went to this thing when I was like 11 that taught me and some 40other kids how to dance and that's literally the whole story. I remember nothing from that class," Tessa shrugs and I laugh. 

Remi runs up to us with Blyke following behind her, and we talk for a bit. Then Remi grabs Tessa's human hand and tears her away from me to pull her over to a group of girls who look very enthusiastic about Tessa's presence.

"Finally got off your ass, eh?", Blyke smirks. He was the first to figure it out when I started liking Tessa.

"Yup," I nod and grab a can of Coke from a cooler next to me. "We're gonna go see Civil War together."

"Hot?", Blyke raises an eyebrow.

"I mean...not really," I admit.

Blyke chuckles and smiles. "C'mon, it's a start at least."

"Fair," I nod.

"Besides, T'll appreciate watching one of your nerd movies for a first date."

"It's not that nerdy to like Marvel," I defend.

"Yeah, but you unironically play Marvel games and wear Marvel merch and have heated arguments with Remi and Tessa about the comics and stuff."

 "Well...uh," I look away and sip my Coke.

Tessa

"Oh my god, girl, I love that goth look for you!", a girl named Elaine with bright blue hair complements.

"Heh, thanks," I flash a hint of a smile. I'm really not present in the conversation; I'm mostly thinking about the Civil War trailers I watched and there's so much Bucky. Remi jokes that he's my soulmate, and she's not incorrect. Bucky Barnes is just as pathetic and broody as me. Not to mention the intensity of his eyeliner in The Winter Soldier. AND THE METAL ARM.

There's about 20 more minutes of awkward small talk, and I'm pretty sure I absentmindedly agreed to lunch dates with 3 people and got 5 girls' numbers in that time. 

I really hope I can say "I'll get back to you" or something and then never get back to the people I made plans with. Maybe you could get off your pathetic arse and make friends, my subconscious scolds. My subconscious is more self-aware than I want her to be.

My thoughts are interrupted by getting a text from Isen.

Isen: its go time

Me: when have you ever used that phrase

Isen: get your sorry ass outside before I rip your arm off

Me: be right out

I excuse myself from the group of girls, claiming that my social battery has died and I need to go home, which isn't necessarily a lie per se. I head out of the gym and move to the front gates, where Isen is playing on his phone and leaning on a column.