Part 7-- Acquaintances

John's POV

Who would even dare hurt Tessa? Hasn't she told people she's a high-tier? I texted Sera to take my mind off Tessa.

Me: hey im in the infirmary

Seraphina: of course you are, omw

"This is made for a broken arm, so it's a bit too strong for a few broken fingers. Lay down for about 2 hours, and don't think about leaving," commanded Doc.

"Ah, yes, and if I do, you will give me nightmares. Okay, wondrous," Tessa grumbled.

"Hey, is John still here?", Sera entered the infirmary.

"You know it, hun. Ugh," Doc sounded like he wanted to bang his head against a wall. 

Tessa's POV

"Seraphina?", I asked. And John's here?, I thought. 

"That's my name. Do I know you?", she pulled a curtain I assumed John was behind.

"No, however it shouldn't sound strange, being that you are the school's Ace, for me to say that I know you," I replied. I turned away and walked to a bed, then pulled the curtain closed. 

Even though I like to say that I'm better off alone, it kinda hurt that John had a friend. Seraphina and John were almost inseparable. It couldn't kill me to try to make friends, though, right? Maybe Remi, Blyke, and Isen would accept my apology.

I took my Bluetooth earbuds out of my pocket and connected them to my phone. I listened to my lonely music: The Beatles. 

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping

While my guitar gently weeps

I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping

Still my guitar gently weeps

"Hey, can you keep it down in there...," Seraphina tore open my curtain and trailed off when she saw my mouth was closed. 

"Apologies, I can't completely control my ability when I'm emotional," I admitted.

"Just keep it down," Seraphina scoffed. She probably wouldn't even have reacted if I had told her I was trying to eavesdrop on her and John.

I'm done here, I thought, and stood up. I could make a decent fist and move my fingers well. I'm sure Seraphina is lovely, and it was my own fault for not being able to control my emotional self. I was angry at Seraphina, but it wasn't her fault. I couldn't be angry for long, as my own loneliness grew inside of me. I truly felt it as John Lennon called out Help! in the intro of his song. His plea became mine as well as I whispered "Help, I need somebody."

I was released from the infirmary a while later, and made a point to meet up with Remi, Blyke, and Isen. 

~time skip~

"Hey, uh, Blyke, Isen?", I greeted the 2 guys at the gate.

"What do you want?", Blyke scoffed.

"Please just listen. I'm really sorry for knocking you out and messing with your memories. Isen, I'm only half sorry for forcing you down the street from my apartment. Please don't come to my apartment without telling me," I apologized.

"Is she alright, she looks like she's about to have a mental breakdown," Blyke whispered.

"You're pretty bad at whispering, Blyke. Also, please don't forget I can hear your thoughts," I said coldly.