Chapter 19: The Battle Of Maelstrom

Morana lunged towards James and I. We swung our swords, clashing them against Moana's sword. We pushed with all our strength, causing Morana to stumble back. She quickly recovered though, raising her sword. James and I retaliated, keeping up with her attacks. Morana swung low, but I jumped up in the air, avoiding her attack. I spun around, using my right hand to lift the waves. In a matter of moments, the waves lifted up in the air. Morana immediately saw this. A vicious grin grew on her face. "Two can play this game, Teague."

She took her sword, plunging it down onto the deck. In a matter of moments, skeletons emerged onto the ship, holding swords. They slowly made their way towards us, surrounding James and me. James looked over at me, terrified.

"Are these skeletons dead pirates?" James asked.

"No, these skeletons are different than those." I informed him.

"Can we kill them?" James asked.

"Yes, there is a way." I confirmed as I scanned the skeletons.

It was very difficult to destroy them, but that didn't mean it was impossible. With this in mind, I placed my sword back in my scabbard before taking out two enchanted gold swords. James stared at the swords in awe.

"What's that?" He inquired.

"They're swords made of enchanted gold." I explained.

Morana raised her sword. The skeletons charged towards James and me. I quickly handed James one of the swords, who took it without questioning it. But I still decided to explain to him what he probably didn't know.

"These swords will help slow them." I clarified.

"But will these kill those skeletons?" He questioned.

I hesitated. "No..."

James whipped around to face me. "What?"

The only way to destroy them is to kill Morana. I glanced over at James. "The only way to defeat them is killing Morana."

James's eyes widened. "I beg your pardon?!"

"We can do this, James. Together." I assured him. I extended out a hand towards him. "Take my hand."

James took my right hand in his left hand. I concentrated on sharing my strength and courage with James. After a few moments, my tattoo of SPQR began to glow. James looked at me in awe. I could feel his confusion, determination, and love for me, radiating off of him.

"I'll explain later. Right now, we need to work together to fight Morana." I advised.

James gave me a nod, agreeing with my words. Together we fought on the skeletons, their bones falling apart, but it wouldn't be long until they would come back. We then rushed towards Morana. I raised my right hand, which still held onto James's hand, concentrated on the waves. The waves lifted again from the ocean. They surrounded us, creating a barrier to stop the skeletons from reaching us. Morana swung her sword, all three of our swords clashed against each other. I raised my leg, kicking her stomach. She let out a grunt, stumbling back into the water barrier, getting drenched. Morana let out a growl as her eyes snapped up towards me. She ran towards us, letting out a battle cry. James swung his sword, slicing her arm, opening a wound. Morana let out a yell before raising a leg, kicking James, causing him to stumbled back, falling out of the barrier I created. My eyes widened as I shouted out. "James!"

Morana blocked my way out, raising her sword. "And where do ya think yer going? We aren't done."

I glared at her, clutching the grip on my sword tighter. "You're right. Our fight is far from over."