Chapter 3: Commodore James Norrington

Once we reached a small island, Barbossa ordered for Elizabeth to walk the plank. Once she was standing on the plank, many pirates of Barbossa's crew pointed their swords at her, forcing her to keep walking forth.

"Go on, Poppet, go! Walk the plank!" Pintel snapped.

"Barbossa, you lying bastard! You swore she'd go free!" Will exclaimed.

Barbossa whipped around to face him. "Don't dare impugn me honor, boy. I agreed she'd go free, but it was you who failed to specify when or where."

Several pirates that were holding back Will, gagged him to prevent him from speaking. Barbossa then glanced over at Elizabeth with a grin. "Though it does seem a shame to lose something so fine, don't it lads?"

His crew nodded. "Aye."

"So I'll be having that dress back before you go." Barbossa mentioned as he extended out his hand.

I glanced over at Jack, who turned towards one of Barbossa's pirate. "I always liked you."

"It goes with your black heart." Elizabeth retorted as she threw him the dress.

As soon as Barbossa caught the dress, he pressed it against his face. "Ooh, it's still warm."

My stomach churned as I glared at Barbossa. The pirates quickly grew impatient with Elizabeth and shook the plank, forcing her to fall in the ocean. The entire crew laughed and Jack joined in. But as soon as Jack was dragged over onto the plank, his laugh vanished. He looked back at the crew.

"I'd really rather hoped we were past all this." Jack commented.

"Jack? Jack. Did ya not notice? That be the same little island that we made you Governor of on our last little trip." Barbossa mentioned as he pointed out the distant island.

"I did notice." Jack confirmed.

"Perhaps you'll be able to conjure up another miraculous escape but I doubt it." Barbossa retorted. He then took out his sword before pointing it at Jack's throat. "Off you go."

"Last time, you left me a pistol with one shot." Jack reminded him.

"By the powers, you're right. Were be Jack's pistol?" Barbossa asked as he looked around. "Bring it forward."

"Barbossa, is this really necessary?" I inquired.

Barbossa ignored my words as one of his crew members brought forth Jack's pistols, giving it to Barbossa. My heart clenched. This time I had the chance of helping him, and yet, there wasn't anything I could do.

"Seeing as there's two of us, a gentleman would give us a pair of pistols." Jack suggested.

"It'll be one pistol as before, and you can be the gentleman and shoot the lady and starve to death yourself." Barbossa shot back.

He then threw the pistol along with Jack's sword into the sea. Jack jumped off the plank and into the water to get his weapons back. Barbossa then turned towards me. "Sorry Cordelia, this isn't personal. Bind her hands."

Several of Barbossa's pirates approached me, binding my wrists with rope. They then pushed me towards the plank. Once I was on plank, Barbossa raised his pistol, pointing it towards Jack and Elizabeth, who had just reached the shore.

"Ye better not use yer powers or I'll forced to shoot at them." Barbossa warned.

I narrowed my eyes. "You wouldn't..."

"Do you want to find that out?" He retorted.

I glanced over at Will, who was worried for Elizabeth. I let out a sigh, knowing I shouldn't try it. I knew Barbossa was capable of that and more. Reluctantly, I decided not to use my powers. I gave Barbossa one last glare before jumping off the plank, landing in the ocean. Once I reached the shore, the Black Pearl was gone. Elizabeth stormed over Jack, urging him to escape like he did last time. But Jack was too worried about finding his secret stash of rum. Just wait until she discovered how he had truly escaped this island in the first place. As they bickered, I walked back towards the water. As I walked into the ocean, a dolphin approached me. I gave it a smile as I placed a hand on its nose.