Chapter 13: Singapore

"Isn't it beautiful?" Beckett asked.

Beckett and I were in the harbor of the city of Gloucester. I followed his gaze to see a big and beautiful ship. I looked up in awe. "It's beautiful, Cutler."

"I call it The Vigilant Shore. And it's all yours, my dear." 

I looked at him, completely taken back. "Mine?"

"Well, it was meant to be your wedding gift. But I couldn't wait to see the look on your beautiful face when you'd see it." Beckett explained.  

"It's wonderful. Thank you, Beckett." I replied. 

He turned around to face me. He leaned in for a kiss, but I quickly turned, offering my cheek instead. Something I had always done when he wanted a kiss. I glanced over at the ship. I was happy to receive a ship, but not this way. 

Beckett's words of not telling another person of our deal still echoed in my head as I walked into the harbor. My crew was going to very curious, asking many questions. But I wouldn't blame them, they had a right to know. Once I boarded The Vigilant Shore, I found my crew waiting for me. There was no sign of Jones or any of his fish creatures, which was a relief. 

"Cap'n, what happened?" Tal asked as I approached them. 

I grimaced. "Nothing much...prepare the ship, we're leaving."

They all looked at me, completely baffled. This was going to be difficult. I quickly searched through my brain, trying to find a believable answer to give them.

"They're letting us take the ship without a fight?" Darya inquired. 

"Yes, I met with the Admiral, and I know him. Turns out, he owes me a favor." I lied. "So we won't have to worry about anyone following us. Now let's get going, I have received word that Barbossa and the others are in Singapore."

"Aye, aye, Cap'n!"

••• 

Once we reached Singapore, we docked the ship in the harbor before climbing out, searching for Barbossa and the rest of the Black Pearl crew. I knew it would only be a matter of time until my crew would ask questions, especially when they noticed that the British soldiers here weren't interested in us when we were clearly pain in sight. But fortunately they wouldn't ask time soon as a fight broke out amongst the pirates and the British soldiers in the marketplace. I spotted Elizabeth, Barbossa, and the others fighting against the soldiers. Quickly, we rushed towards them, helping them take down the soldiers. 

"Cordelia!" Elizabeth exclaimed, happy to see us. "You're all back!"

"Glad to see you finally decided to join us, Delia!" Barbossa shouted out, taking down a soldier before kicking him into the water. 

"I couldn't let you all have the fun!" I retorted as I struck a soldier, impaling his side.

I swung my sword, quickly taking down a couple of soldiers that tried to surround me. Several soldiers then approached Barbossa, Elizabeth, and me. However, before they could reach us, I raised a hand, using the water from beneath us. I then extended my hand out towards them. A huge wave, throwing them back into the water. Barbossa grinned. "It's a good thing you're on our side."

My heart clenched at his words. How I wish that was entirely true, but I had to follow Beckett's orders or I fear I may lose James. At that moment, a firework was launched into a shack which was filled with fireworks before it exploded, taking several soldiers down. Once we all met up at the docks with the crew of the Black Pearl and with Tia, Barbossa glanced over Will, who had some charts in his hands.