Chapter 18: Hoist The Colors

The next day, we stood on the Black Pearl outside of the island with the rest of the Pirates' ships behind us. We watched as the Endeavour emerge from the mist. I glanced over at Elizabeth, James, and Jack, who all exchanged nods. We had a plan, one that no else knew. And if executed properly, we'd gain the upper hand.

"The enemy's here! Let's take her!" Marty exclaimed.

We all cheered. However, we quickly died down upon seeing the rest of the armada emerge from the fog. I grimaced. I wasn't expecting this many ships. Cotton's parrot quickly flew off of Cotton's shoulder before fleeing the ship as he shouted out. "Abandon ship! Abandon ship!"

"Parlay?" Jack suggested.

With Jack's suggestion in mind, Jack, Elizabeth, James, Barbossa with his monkey, Jack on his shoulder, and me walked up towards Beckett, Will, Morana, and Jones on a sand spit near where both our ships were. Due to not being able to step on land for another decade, Jones stood in a bucket of water. I exchanged a look with Elizabeth, Jack, and James, prepared to put the plan into execution.

"You be the cur that led these wolves to our door." Barbossa mentioned, glaring at Will.

"Don't blame Turner, he was merely the tool of your betrayal. If you wish to see its grand architect, look to your left." Beckett retorted.

We all looked towards our left, where Jack stood. As soon as we looked at Jack, he also looked left. He then looked back at us. I narrowed my eyes. "Jack, what have you done this time?"

Jack raised his hands. "My hands are clean in this...figuratively."

"My actions were my own and to my own purpose. Jack had nothing to do with it." Will mentioned.

"Well spoke, listen to the tool." Jack advised.

Beckett glanced over, finding James. "Ah, I see the Admiral is now with you. How interesting."

"I've seen through your lies, Beckett." James shot back.

"Will, I've been aboard the Dutchman, I understand the burden you bear, but I fear that cause is lost." Elizabeth informed him, returning to the matter at hand.

"No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it." Will argued.

"If Turner was not acting on your behalf, then how did he come to give me this? You made a deal with me, Jack, to deliver the pirates, and here they are. Don't be bashful, step up, claim your reward." Beckett commented before tossing Jack his compass.

"Your debt to me is still to be satisfied. One hundred years in service aboard the Dutchman. As a start." Jones chimed in.

"That debt was paid, mate, with...." Jack trailed off as he motioned to Elizabeth and me. "...help."

"You escaped!" Jones snapped.

"Technically..." Jack trailed off.

"I propose an exchange. Will leaves with us, and you can take Jack." I suggested.

"Done." Will said.

"Undone." Jack replied.

"Done." Beckett confirmed.

Barbossa immediately whipped around to face me. "Jack is one of the nine pirate lords, you have no right-"

"As King, I have the only right." I retorted, cutting him off.

Barbossa shut his mouth, knowing I was right. We didn't include Barbossa in on the plan. I wanted to include Barbossa in on the plan, but James advised that we only tell a select few. The less who knew about this plan, the better it would be for all of us.