Chapter 4: The Curse Has Been Lifted

Once we arrived at the island, Jack and I were taken out on a small boat with several soldiers that included Norrington. I hoped my crew had gotten the message by now or I'll be in serious trouble.

"I don't care for the situation. Any attempt to storm the caves could turn to an ambush." Norrington mentioned as he used his telescope to look at the empty Black Pearl.

"Not if you're the one doing the ambushing. Cordelia and I go in, we convince Barbossa to send his men out with their little boats. You and your mates return to the Dauntless and blast the bejesus outta them with your little cannons, eh?" Jack suggested as he placed an arm on Norrington's shoulder. "What do you have to lose?"

"Nothing I'd lament being rid of." Norrington rebuked as he threw Jack's arm off his shoulder by using his telescope.

"Now, to be quite honest with you, there's still a slight risk for those aboard the Dauntless which includes the future Mrs. Commodore." Jack mentioned.

Norrington's eyes widened. I could sense the fear, radiating off of him. Dear Poseidon, he truly cares for Elizabeth. Such a pity that she doesn't feel the same for him.

"He means nothing by it." I assured him.

Norrington looked over at me, rather baffled. Oh no, I hope he doesn't think I'm doing it for him. With this in mind, I spoke up. "And I'm not doing it for you, so you can get that thought out of your mind."

I'm doing it because I see the love between Elizabeth and Will, those two were meant to be together. And yet, who knows if they'll ever be together. Once Jack and I were in the cave, we saw Barbossa and his crew around the treasure. Barbossa had a dagger in his hand, while Will was held down over the chest of Aztec gold coins. As we pushed through the pirates, Jack spoke up, apologizing. "Beg your pardon. Excuse me."

"By blood un..." Barbossa trailed off as soon as he saw us.

Will's eyes lit up. "Jack! Cordelia!"

Barbossa gasped. "S'not possible."

"Not probable." Jack added.

"Where's Elizabeth?" Will asked.

"She's safe, just like I promised." Jack assured him.

I scoffed. "Safe? She's all set to marry Norrington."

Upon hearing my words, Will glared at Jack, looking quite furious. Jack then continued as Bo'sun grabbed Jack's shoulder, holding him back. "Just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."

"Shut up! You're next." Barbossa warned before placing his dagger against Will's neck.

"You don't want to be doing that, mate." Jack advised.

"No, I really think I do." Barbossa retorted.

"Your funeral." I mentioned.

"Why don't I want to be doing it?" Barbossa questioned.

"Well, because..." Jack trailed off his as he pushed Bo'sun's arm off his shoulder.

As he walked towards Barbossa, I spoke up, finishing his sentence. "...Because the HMS Dauntless, pride of the Royal Navy, is floating just offshore. Waiting for you."

Upon hearing my words, the entire crew tensed up as they exchanged whispers and murmurs. Jack and I exchanged a look. I hope our plan works.

"Just hear us out, mate. You order your men to row out to the Dauntless. They do what they do best. Robert's your Uncle, Fannie's your Aunt, there you are with two ships. The makings of your very own fleet." Jack suggested. "'Course you'll take the grandest as your flagship, and who's to argue? But what of the Pearl? Name me Captain and Cordelia the first mate, and we'll sail under your colors, I'll give you ten percent of me plunder and you get to introduce yourself as Commodore Barbossa. Savvy?"