Chapter 6: The Storm

Days went by and we finally reached Dominica, I gave the crew different supplies to bring back onto the ship. As I wandered about the island, I saw a group of seven children dressed in rags begging for money with their mother sitting against a palm tree, looking deathly pale and weak. My heart clenched upon seeing the sight of them. I hated seeing families like this. And it angered me, when the wealthy take from families like these until there's nothing left. I made my way towards the children. Once I reached the children, they all turned towards me.

"Please Miss, can you spare us a shilling?" One of the children inquired.

"Don't worry, I think I have something that will feed all of you, including your mother." I assured them.

They watched with curiosity as I reached for something inside my red coat. I then took out a huge bag of gold coins that was my share from treasure we found just off the coast of Greece. Those Greek demigods put up quite a fight, but we were stronger, not to mention more clever. The children's eyes all widened, looking at the bag in awe. I then extended it out for them to take.

"It's all yours." I mentioned.

"Thank you!" The children exclaimed, very happy.

One of the boys pointed at my clothing. "Look at her clothes, she's a pirate."

I nodded. "Aye"

"Wow!" They all gasped.

"Do you have your own ship?" One of the girls questioned.

"Aye, and I've got my own crew." I confirmed.

"Captain Cordelia Teague, at yer service." I said, introducing myself.

They were all excited upon hearing my name. They all blurted out my nickname at once. "You're the Lady of the Sea."

"I've heard all about you, Captain Teague. Is it true that you stole the Duke of Hamilton's hidden treasure?" One of the boys inquired.

I nodded. "Aye, and I gave his treasure to the people who needed it the most."

"Did you really face the Hydra?" Another girl asked.

"Aye, and I sent it back into the depths of Tartarus." I explained.

The children appeared as though they wanted to say more, but as soon as they all looked behind me, they were quite startled. And so they ran back to their mom with the bag of coins. It was at that moment that I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"You gave them an entire bag of coins?"

I turned around and was rather baffled to see Norrington standing a few feet away from me. He looked at me, rather surprised.

"I'm not the kind of pirate you think I am, Commodore." I mentioned.

"Nevertheless, you are a pirate." Norrington retorted as he took out his sword.

I grabbed my sword from my scabbard before pointing it at him. He then lunged towards me and our blades clashed against one another at once. As Norrington and I fought on, we slowly moved deeper into the island, gaining unwanted attention. Norrington and I deflected each other's attacks that grew quicker and quicker. Norrington grew frustrated that I was able to keep up with him.

"What's wrong, Norrington? Can't defeat me?" I questioned.

"Oh just you wait, Teague. I'll finally defeat you and take you back to Port Royal." Norrington warned.

I then swung my sword, disarming Norrington. I pointed my sword just inches away from his neck. A smirk grew on my face. "Keep dreaming, Norrington."