Chapter 17: The Brethren Court

I let out a groan as my eyes fluttered open. I looked around to find myself in a bed of an extravagant looking quarters. James sat beside me in a chair. As soon as James saw me awake, his eyes lit up. 

"Cordelia!" He exclaimed. 

"James, what happened?" I questioned. 

"We escaped from the Flying Dutchman. You were impaled." He explained.

Upon hearing his words, everything came back to me. I pulled the covers off of me and pulling up my tunic to find my wound healed. I let out a sigh of relief. The water had managed to heal my wound. I glanced over at James, who looked worried. My heart clenched. I didn't mean to make him worried.

"I thought you were dead..." James croaked out.

I reached a hand out towards James, placing a hand over one of his that rested on the edge of the bed. I gave his hand a gentle squeeze. 

"Hey, I'm right here, James. I'm not going anywhere any time soon." I assured him.

James gave me a smile, which made my heart flutter. At that moment, Elizabeth and Tal entered the chambers. Elizabeth immediately informed us where we were. "We arrived at Shipwreck Cove."

James's face fell at once. He didn't look too happy at all. "I thought I told you not to head to Shipwreck Cove." 

"I understand why you're worried, Admiral, but we had no other option." Tal argued.

"No other option? There are plenty of other places to hide." James protested. 

"James, it's the only thing we can do. We need the other pirates to help us fight if we're going to survive this." I pointed out. 

James shook his head. "No, there must be another way." 

I wore a grim look. "I'm afraid there's not."   

James let out a sigh, knowing there was no other way. He gave us a grim look before nodding. "Fine, but we must remain vigilant." 

"And so we shall." I assured him. 

We walked out onto the deck to see Shipwreck Cove. I looked around in awe, seeing all lights around the tower of wrecked ships. It looked just like when I was a child. I never thought I'd be back. 

"I lived here on this island, when I was little." I mentioned.

James must've remembered what I told him, because he placed a hand over mine before speaking. "Don't worry, Cordelia. You aren't alone. Not anymore." 

I gave him a smile, appreciating his words. Once we made our way inside the courtroom, I noticed Barbossa whack Ragetti on the back of the head, causing his wooden eye pop out, landing in the bowl that he carried. The other Pirate Lords were here with their crews, leaving Elizabeth and me to be the last ones they needed to start the meeting. Captain Eduardo Villanueva was the Pirate Lord of Adriatic Sea. Captain Sumbhajee Angria was the Pirate Lord of the Indian Sea. Jack was the Pirate Lord of the Caribbean Sea. Captain Jocard was the Pirate Lord of the Atlantic Ocean. Mistress Ching was the Pirate Lord of the Pacific Ocean. 

Captain Chevalle was the Pirate Lord of the Mediterranean Sea. Captain Ammand was the Pirate Lord of the Black Sea. Barbossa was the Pirate Lord of the Caspian Sea. Sao Feng was the Pirate Lord of the South China Sea, which was now given to Elizabeth. And I was the last Pirate Lord in charge of North and Baltic Seas.  

"Sparrow! Give your piece." Villanueva urged. 

Jack touched the coin dangling from his bandanna before lowering his hand. "Might I point out that we are still short two pirate lords, and I'm content as a cucumber to wait until Sao Feng and my sister join us."