XVIII: doubts

Ladybug pulled out her yoyo, swinging it around to create a shield to block the vicious blows chat was deflecting, from smashing into nearby buildings with people in them. Her miraculous ladybugs could fix buildings, and replace memories, but it could not bring someone back to life.

Chat was one on one sword fighting with blaze, the hits released some powerful energy. He was fast, but so was she. Blaze seemed to have an unlimited amount of energy, and although Chat had a substantial amount as well, being merged with a akuma made blaze even stronger. He attempted to block another hit, but was too slow. He was knocked to side, painfully crashing into a wall.

"Chat!" Ladybug called, reaching out to him- she stopped herself. Chat would be fine. The miraculous would fix everything, she needed to stay focused. Ladybug dodged a few more attacks, getting in sword-to-yo-yo combat before ladybug was shot back into the back wall of the alleyway. Clutching her bruised ribs, ladybug threw her yoyo up to the roof of the building and landed on top, hiding behind a chimney for cover while she regained her composure.

Blaze waited close behind her, for ladybug to come out and then she would attack. She watched the pink glow of the lucky charm grow and fade. Ladybug reached up and caught the lucky charm, which seemed to be a canister of high quality, high protein fish food.
"Fish food?! What am I supposed to do with this??" Ladybug peeked out from behind the chimney to look around for an idea.

"Bingo"

"LADYBUG WATCH OUT!" Chat said, diving in front of her and taking the blow from Blaze. And a powerful one at that.
"Chat!" Placing a hand on him to check his vitals. Ladybug couldn't tell if he was breathing or not, her suit kept her from feeling his breath and her vision was too shaky to see his chest rising or not. What she could tell is that the blast was one of fire, and she could feel the heat coming off his back. Soot came away on her fingers as well. A sickening laugh came from Blaze, ladybug looked up with fury.
"Chat cmon say something." Ladybug asked.
All chat could do was open his eyes for a few seconds before falling out of contiousness.

Another laugh came from Blaze.
"What, your so weak you need a bodyguard? Is that what chat is? Nothing but a bodyguard?" She taunted.
"He is my partner! We do this together!" Ladybug said, abandoning Chat.
"Interesting. You seem to be doing just fine on your own" She smirked.
Ladybug advanced and attacked.

The fight was planned. Blaze knew what she was doing. Ladybug had figured out how to use her lucky charm but before she could blaze had disappeared. Leaving no clues on where to find her. Ladybug threw the container of fish food to the ground in frustration. She said the reversal words and everything turned back to normal. A low growl rumbled from her throat as she seethed in her failure.

"Did you get her?" Chat said with a cheery voice, hopping down next to her.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!" She turned to yell at him, furious. Chat took a few steps back, surprised by her outburst.
"I- I"
"YOU COULD HAVE DIED!! DONT DO THAT TO ME CHAT! I CANT BEAT HER ALONE I NEED YOU!"
"Since when. You heard blaze, you doing just fine on your own."
"Chat we are a team. We do this together. I can't defeat her if all I'm doing is keeping you from throwing your life every which way!"
"Whats my role in this then! I can't cleanse akumas! I can't reverse damage! All I do is cause it. " chat looked to the black ring that decorated his spandex covered finger.
"I can't even protect you without hurting you."
"No chat-" ladybugs anger diminished almost immediately.
"Im sorry for being so useless ladybug. Your better off without me."
"Chat no wait-" but he was gone before she could stop him.

~•————————————•~

Adrien was already home when Marinette returned from school that day, and she remembered chats words.
"All you gotta do is kiss him" Marinette had never really thought about it. Sure she has marooned over how perfect his beautiful his face was or how soft his hair probably felt or how you could see the soft outline of abs through his shirt, She had never actually considered like- kissing him! The mear thought of it made her feel feverish.

Marinette ran past adrien, diving to the stairs hoping she wasnt noticed. She ran into her room and shut the door. Collapsing on her floor Marinette grabbed a pillow off the floor and smashed it into her face, trying to forget what chat had said. But it was to no avail, as the pillow had a smell that reminded her distinctly of adrien, mixed with leather.

I can't kiss him! What if he thinks im weird and pushes me away! This could ruin our friendship! If something goes wrong he could hate me forever! He would have to move out! Then where would he go?!!!!??! No i can't- well..........

NO.

Marinette peeked her head out of her door to peer at Adrien who was resting on the couch below. It was then that she noticed that Adrien seemed sad. He was holding a book but didnt seem to be reading it, his eyes glazed over, not moving, not reading. Eventually he closed the book and rolled to his side. Marinette's thoughts faded away into only her cares for him. No. If anything was going to happen between them it would be his job. Of course that would never happen, but Adrien had enough on his plate, he didnt need a lovesick stalker too.

Tikki peeped out of Marinettes backpack, watching her march downstairs, throw a game controller at Adrien, and sat down next to him. Tikki smiled. Adrien gave one last look of sadness before turning his frown upside down and picking out a game for them to play. To get a better view, she phased through the floor and rested on the top of a cabinet in the kitchen. It wasn't long before Plagg joined her and the two watched them play. And the worries, the pain, and the confusion of the day melted into joy in the moment. Marinette knew she would have to deal with it someday, but today was not that day.

                      ~•————————-•~

Hiii guyessss sorry this chapter took so long to get out 😭😭😭😭 i have no excuse for you guys i kinda forgot about it, then i had no inspiration, and then i just didnt really care, but i finnaly just decided to do it and im glad with how it turned out. I hope you guys enjoy 🌝🌝🌝   Baiii

Hopefully i get the next chapter out sooner than 11 days 👀👀