X: A New Enemy

Marinette couldn't sleep. Her mind was a trampoline park with thoughts bouncing from one place to another, unable to resolve anything. There were her usual thoughts. where was Hawkmoth?? She thought they had resolved that one, only to find out that he had moved locations. Why was he doing this? Just to spite them? For power? Revenge? Those were the usual reasons.

But she was also plagued with new ones, how did Adrien get on her roof! And why was he there!? WhEre did he disappear to in the morning? He still wouldn't tell her and it frustrated her. What had happened to him??What had his father done? What had he done? GAAA. She needed answers. But more importantly, she needed sleep.

The girl rolled over to check her phone now charging on its stand. It read 2:30 am September 14th. Marinette groaned and sat up. She couldn't spend all night trying to sleep, it was infuriating. So she decided to work on one of her sewing projects. It was her homecoming dress. She knew it was way too early to be making it but she didn't care.

Adrien rolled over in his bed. He was exhausted, but he refused to sleep. His past few night had been racked with nightmares and he didn't want another one. The nightmares had gotten calmer once Adrien had started staying with them, but they were still horrifying.

Last night he had one where his father( as hawkmoth) had tried eating everyone after they wouldn't give them their miraculous's. And the worse part was- Everyone was a piece of Cinnamon toast crunch! And they were all bleeding milk! It embarrassed him that it scared him. But after that, he was awake all night. He swore neither ladybug nor Marinette would ever hear of this. He would take this to his grave.

After almost drifting off, Adrien made a note to himself to get a coffee or something to keep him energized though the day. He would need it if his father attacked.

His father. Adrien didn't want to think about him. About how far he had sunk. He had become desperate. Adrien's thoughts moved to his mother. He missed her dearly. He would give anything to see her again. But this? It was one way to go, but it was basically necromancy! Well. No, it was more of magic then satanic.

BOOM.

Adrien jolted up in his bed. "Hawkmoth?"
He checked his phone.         5:32Am
"Goodness does that man ever sleep?
Marinette mumbled as she crumpled out of her warm bed and into the crisp morning air through her trapdoor. She was just about to fall asleep when a loud boom awoke her.

"Tikki, spots on"
"Plagg, claws out"

Ladybug lazily walked across the rooftops in search of the akuma. While Chat Noir stopped in the kitchen to grab some food before he left. He may be sleep deprived, he wasn't going to malnourish himself too. He grabbed the container holding the leftover crépes Marinette had made a few days ago, and stuffed one in his mouth, and pocketed another. Then he closed the container, then the fridge and was off.

"Good morning mlady." Chat singsonged.

No response

"Uhh. Ladybug?"

"Huh! What! Im awake! Im awake!!"
Ladybug spazamed

"Great.  Me to." Chat sarcastically said as he took another bite of his crepe.

"Is... that a- are you eating a-"
"Yes. Yes I am."
"Alright then" she said as a yawn escaped her lips.

"Ok" said chat as he stuffed the last of his breakfast into his mouth. "So, wheres the akuma."  As if on que another large boom echoed from the east. "That way i would be guessing." They both exchanged glances and lept off to defeat their villain. Something they hoped they wouldn't have to do again.

"Ahhh, Ladybug, Chat noir. How nice of you two to show up!" The villian said, hopping down from the top of a building, landing on a car in front of them. The duo took their defence positions. "Oh. No quips? Snappy comebacks?" She glanced at Chat noir. "Not even a pun? Ah. Shame. Well. You know what im here for. S-" "no."

"Oh? I don't remember saying you had a choice." The villan smirked. Still the heros said nothing, in defensive positions. "Oh. Pff where are my manners!" She said hopping off the car, getting level with them. "I am the Blazing Dragon. But you can call me blaze." She said with a friendly smile. One she had practiced for years.

"Shes a talkive one isnt she." Chat mutterd to Ladybug. She nodded and un hooked her yo- yo. "Lets just get this over with." She said and attacked. She aimed and threw her yo-yo. Blaze had dodged and was now on the left of them. "How did she?!" Chat remarked
"Aww your going to have to do better than that." Blaze said running to chat, but flipped over him and landed on the other side, flicked his bell, and backfliped away. Chat made a face, feeling violated, only his lady could touch his bell and get away with it.

"A little slow today arent we?" Blaze said. Chat growled, annoyed and lunged. Slashing his baton at her. She dodged every move, without even having to unsheathe her sword. She yawed, visibly bored. "Lightning dragon" Blaze dissapeared, and a large lightning bolt smashed into the ground between the hereoes. Leaving a blazing fire behind it. She then appeared on top of a nearby building. Making sure to leave an evil smirk behind before she left.

"Was that- A miraculous!?"

________________________

Im so sorry it took so long for this chapter to come out, i really need to start writing more often. 😅 ill try to do better. anyway, enjoy!