II : An Unexpected Guest

As the kids of Françoise Dupont High school Filed into their classrooms, Marinette Dupain- Cheng noticed that Adrien was missing. He was rarely ever late and usually didn't miss classes without anyone knowing about it- well.. at least without her knowledge.

The kids shuffled to their seats and sat down as the teacher started roll call. Marinette elbowed her best friend Alya. " Hey, do you know where Adrien is?" She asked her friend.
"No, I don't think so," Alya responded. "I'll ask Nino. Hey," She nudged the boy in front of her.
" Ni- Here!" She called when the teacher said her name.
" Nino, where's Adrien?" She asked.
"I don't know dude, he's usually always here."
Alya gave Marinette a shrug and continued with class. But Marinette couldn't get the thought out of her head.

She always over reacted with things like these.
"What if hes sick? What if his father realized how much of a creep I am and pulled Adrien out of school?! GASP WHAT IF HE GOT IN A CAR CRASH ON THE WAY HERE?!!! What iF hEs dEaD!!" The more she thought about it, the more worried she became. By the time the day was over, Marinette's nails were bitten down to the wick. She barely stopped to talk to Alya before rushing home.

"Hi mom, hi dad" She said as she bolted upstairs, dropping the trapdoor.

"Marinette, stop worrying! This has happened before and he was fine!" Tikki said encouragingly.

" Yes I know, but-" There was a large thump on her trapdoor. "What the heck was that!?" Said Marinette.

" Ill check it out." Tikki said flying up and phaseing through the glass.

Tikki squeaked when she saw what was on the balcony. The first thing she saw was Adrien. Laying there unconscious. The next thing she saw was Plagg. "Plagg!" She said, rushing over to him. He was also out, but more sleeping than unconscious.
"Marinette! You might wanna come see this!"she Squeaked . Tikki pulled a leaf off of one of the plants on the ledge and pulled it over Plagg. Marinette burst through the door and almost fell off her bed.

"A-Adr- Adrien!!" She wheezed. "Wh- what the-" she looked to Tikki, who only gave her an unknowing shrug. She returned her gaze to Adrien and poked his head. His hair was so much softer than Marinette's daydreams prepared her for. "Adrien?" She said, poking him again. With no response, she immediately thought the worst. Tikki simply shook her head before Marinette got ahed of herself.

"He's breathing, calm down." She deflated at Tikki's words.

"Whew. Thats good... what do we do now?"

"Uhm..... put him on your lounge chair for now,  we can decide what to do later." Tikki suggested.

"Me? Pick him up?" Her face flushed as she looked back at him. "No i can't! What if he wakes up while im carrying him! What if he's really heavy and i drop him! I can't possibl-" she was silenced by Tikki's deadpanned look. Sighing, Marinette pulled herself up onto her balcony. Tikki hovered around as Marinette slid her arms around his waist and pulled him up into her arms. Concern flooded her face when she saw the bruises over his face and a cut on his temple. Being Ladybug had definitely built up Her muscles, so she was surprisingly able to pick him up and set him down on her lounge chair. While Marinette was doing that, Tikki had brought Plagg to her little house that Marinette had made for her. She placed him on her bed and layed a peice of food by him to eat when he woke up, and left to join Marinette.

"Marinette, he looks sick." Said Tikki.

"Yeah I know, can you pull out the first aid kit while I get him an ice pack?" Marinette asked. Tikki nodded and left to pull it out. Marinette walked downstairs.

Adrien jolted out of his fitful half sleep state. He was confused, and couldn't think straight.
"Where am I? He thought .How did I get here? Wheres plagg! Ah my head, my foot, why does everything hurt?"