l :Turning point

Chat noir felt his heart drop in his chest. The horror and confusion that flooded through him made it hard to think. Hard to breathe. Ladybug's reaction was quite the same, though she was able to keep her composure. Nooro hovered between them, feeling the pressure from ladybug's grip on his miraculous. Gabriel lay slumped on the floor, disheveled and enraged. "You insolent children!" He yelled. "You've ruined everything!" Gabriel struggled to his feet. Stepping closer he lunged for the miraculous in her hand. "I WAS SO CLO" Chat's staff connected with his temple, and he collapsed in front of Ladybug. She looked over to Chat, taken aback. He was glossy-eyed and looking forward.

"Chat?" She said, voice shaken. His breath was heavy as he slowly moved his gaze to her. "are you alright?" His eyes moved away again. The sharp beeping of his ring cut the silence.

"I have to go. We can come back for him later." Chat said sharply, quickly turning and leaping out of the smashed window. After a last look at Gabriel, Ladybug followed.

      {-————————(❤️)————————-}

"Father?" Adrien said, knocking on his door.

"Come in," Gabriel called. Adrien opened the door and saw his father sitting on a chair looking out the window, rubbing his temple with an ice pack.

"You called me?" the he asked.

" Yes, I wanted to talk to you about something I should have told you a while ago." He said, standing up."Do you remember when your mother- left. And I spent the entire day locked up in my office?" the designer asked.

"And every day after that, but yes," Adrien said, a slight glare on his face. Gabriel paused at that. He looked up at the painting of Emilie. Raising his hands, he felt for the pressure points, placing his hands on them.

"Adrien, I do not know how to tell you, so I will show you. Come." Adrien hesitated for a moment before joining his father. Only when he joined him did Gabriel push his hands into the painting, and the floor sank to the lower level of the house. The confusing horror returned upon seeing his mother in a glass coffin, surrounded by plants, flowers, and butterflies. It was enchanting.

The elevator reached the ground and the door opened. " Go on," Gabriel said, nudging his son. Adrien stumbled down the grassy path to his mother. A look of utter pain and confusion spread across his face as he looked back to his father. Who was admiring a butterfly on his finger.

"W-Why I don't understand," unable to transfer his thoughts to words he just stared at his father for an explanation.

"When I and your mother were on our honeymoon, we were hiking in the mountains when we came across a book, imbedded in the snow. I picked it up, confused. Your mother saw something else and went to go look at it while I examined the book. She had found two brooches.

"A purple pendant and peacock feathers. We decided to take them back to our cabin, and didn't look at them for another few months. One day I had been having a hard time coming up with new designs and decided to open the book, thinking it might give me inspiration. It was in a different language, but the pictures in it were like nothing I had ever seen.

"There were pictures of people in exquisite costumes, fighting things. After trying to decipher the language, I realized they were superheroes, using powers of small creatures called kwamis, contained in charms called miraculous's. I showed your mother what I had discovered. And we decided that we could be more than what we were. We could he heroes. So we did. Your mother and I were an unstoppable team.

"Your mother with the peacock miraculous, she called herself Pavona. And me with the moth miraculous. I was papillon." Gabriel chuckled to himself. And continued with his story. " we fought crime together for years, oblivious of what was happening to her.

"One day, we were having dinner when your mother collapsed. I immediately took her to the hospital. They diagnosed her with veneers desires, but I knew that wasn't what was happening. I searched through the book, desperate for an answer when I understood. The miraculous was broken. And its damaged powers were taking a toll on her.

"After that, I told Emilie what was happening, but as always, she laughed it off, saying it was nothing. I wouldn't lose my wife to something as futile as a miraculous. So I hid them. And the book. I locked them away forever. We had a fight that night. We were never the same again. But at least she was safe. Or so I thought. The continued exposure to the broken miraculous had become too much. She was getting worse. She said a child would help, but I didn't believe her, but couldn't say no. Then we had you. And for a time, she was better. We finally had a life we were happy with. But then, it became too much. She started sleeping more and more. Until." He turned towards the coffin. " She didn't wake up. I couldn't bear to tell you. So I built this and told you she left. Knowing it would break your heart, as it had mine. But I believed you could bear the pain. That it would be easier for you than it was me. Knowing it was my fault.

"Eventually, the grief became too much, and after years, I finally took out the book, again desperate for an answer. The book said that with the Ladybug and black cat miraculous, combined, I would be granted a wish that could change the way we live life itself. I became obsessed with it and decided to use my miraculous to get them. I have still failed, but I will never give up. Son, help me regain the moth brooch.

"Together we can bring her back! We can be a family again! Like we always wanted!" Adrien was horrified.

"So this is why? Why you want Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous so much? Why you've been terrorizing the city?"

"How did you know?"
"Ladybug came and told me after they took your miraculous." Gabriel sighed

"I did what needed to be done. But this changes nothing. Help me son."

"I- I can't. How can you think this is right?

"I need those miraculous. I need them!" Gabriel pleaded

"No! No Father! This isn't right! This isn't you! What would mom think?" Gabriel's face hardened

"Mom? She cant think! She can't speak. She can't move! She won't care!" He said yelling now, with a face of stone.

"Father, please! Don't do this!" Gabriel came closer to Adrien, towering over him" I am your father! You will obey me!"

"NO-" Adrien stumbled, a hand to his cheek. Firey pain swelled him. He slapped me! His only son!"

"As far as im concerned, my father died with my mother. Ive come to terms with that. I suggest you do too." He said backing out of the glade

"ADRIEN. ADRI-" Before Gabriel finished Adrien was already up the elevator, cold tears running down his face, blind rage covered him. He raced to his room, leaving a trail of destruction behind him.

Plagg was startled by the large slam of the door when Adrien burst into the room. Plagg threw his head up from his sock to see Adrien explode. The next hour was filled with fitful screams and the crashing of furniture and the wetness of tears. It was something between a panic attack and a temper tantrum. Plagg could do little to quell it.
————————————————————
HELOO, eheh soooo how did u like it 😁😁 prepare for more angst... and tears and laughing and all the stuff! lmk what you thought! Ok i got nothing more to say go ahed onto the next chapter