XXVII: Guilt

Adrien woke up, his head still hurt, but it was clear.

"Ugh." Adrien looked around the room, looking for Ladybug. He swore he had seen her- or... maybe that was a dream. He couldn't remember. Oh how his head hurt. He raised a hand to his head trying to focus.

"Kid!" Plagg flew up from his wheel of cheese and flew straight into Adrien's face, hugging his nose. "About time you woke up!"

"Heh, good to see you too Plagg. Where are we?" Adrien asked. "Safe. Ladybug brought you here."

"Ladybug? Where is she!" Adrien sat up immediately, wincing at the pain. "Hey take it easy kid! You're pretty hurt." Plagg warned.
He groaned. "Ugh- yeah I noticed that."
"It would have been worse if she didn't bandage you up."
"Ladybug...." Adrien felt his side, feeling the bandages under his shirt. A different shirt, he noticed, from what he was wearing previously.
"Did she-" "no." Plagg cut him off, knowing what He was asking. Adrien nodded slowly.
"Ladybug is on the balcony." Plagg said. He nodded and transformed. Being Chat lessened the pain, but it didn't fade entirely. Just as it had when he was running from home only a few months ago. Chat stood up from the bed and cracked the door open, peeking through. The lights in the hotel room were off, the only light coming from the balcony where the faint flicker of a fire shone on the flower-printed walls.

He watched ladybug through the glass sliding door. She was sitting on the ground near a fireplace, the fire mostly dead, say for a few flames and the burning coals. She had a blanket around her and was looking to the sky. He couldn't see her face but chat assumed she wasn't cheery. Chat noir took a deep breath- which was a mistake, his bruise started throbbing immensely. He pushed down the discomfort and opened the door.

"M-M'lady?" Ladybug perked up at the sound of his voice. "Chat!" She got up instantly and crashed into him with a hug, making him stumble back a little. Chat groaned. " ugh- Careful, heh I've only got eight lives left m'lady."

"I thought you'd never wake up." She said into his chest. Chats face fell. Hesitantly he returned her embrace, placing his head on top of hers. "Its okay. Im here. Im okay."

"No your not!" She cried. "You got hurt, you got your miraculous taken- and now hawkmoth knows your identity! And its my fault!" Chat now realized that he didn't know exactly what happened to him, nor how he got hurt. An unsettling fear set in. Hawkmoth- his father knows his son is Chat noir. He was going to come looking for him. Chat knew It. But now wasn't the time for that. He would talk to ladybug about that another time.

Chat pulled away and held her face in his hands. "Ladybug its not your fault. You weren't there, theirs nothing you could have done."
"Exactly! I should have been there!" She said, tears forming in her eyes.
"Ladybug." He said firmly. "Its not your fault. Its mine. I- I believed so easily what I knew wasn't true simply because I wanted it to be. If I was smarter," he ran his thumb over the bandaid on her forhead. "Maybe I could have been there for you." Tears sprang free from her eyes. She wrapped her hands around his and leaned against his chest. "Im sorry." She whispered. "Im so sorry."

Chats lip quivered, the memories from the past night flooding in. "Im sorry too." Chat moved his hands up and around her head, cradling it against his chest. His heart ached as he felt her hot tears trickle down his suit.

Ladybug's legs fell weak under her and she slumped to the floor, taking Chat with her.
"Bug- your exhausted. When was the last time you slept?" He asked, Holding her face to look at him. She sniffed. "I couldn't sleep till i knew you were okay." "Well, I'm okay now. You can sleep." Chat stood up. "Please don't leave me. I don't want to loose you again." Ladybug mumbled. Chat exhaled. "Your not going to loose me again." He said, but her face remained unchanged. Chat sighed. "Alright." He grabbed the blanket off the floor and sat back down, handing it to her. She wrapped it around her and offered the other end to Chat, who declined.

"Chat whats wrong?" She asked. "Sleep now, talk later." He said. "Chat noir." Warned Ladybug. "Ladybug." Chat said in the same tone. She sighed. "Promise we will talk when we wake up?" "Promise bugaboo." He said, Smiling.

"We" that word echoed in his head. She sighed again and leaned against the wall behind them. She fell asleep soon after, and Chat placed her on the outdoor couch. He sat down on the floor beside the couch and watched the sky darken as the remains of the sun trickled away.

While ladybug was sleeping Chat made a very hard decision. And he was going to have to do- probably the hardest thing he had ever had to do.

- - - - - - - - - -  - -  a  -  - -  -  -  -

Ok this wasnt where i planned to end the chapter but it ended up longer that I expected but I thought this would be a good place to stop, heheehbee ok next part coming soon. Hope you enjoyed!!! Be sure to vote if you did and leave a comment! I love your guys' feedback☺️

HEHEHEHE HERE COMES THE ANGSTTTTT MUSHAHAHAAHA

also if you know the song i put in this your an immediate champ and deserve a medal.