XIX: Blaze

Chat leaped from building to building, taking patrol rounds, helping out where he could, trying to avoid ladybug as much as possible.
Usually he would stick close to her but- his heart ached too much for that now.

Our hero dressed in black stood on top of the Chartres Cathedral, watching Paris glow in the night. He had just stopped a thief from pit-pocketing a piece of jewelry from a woman, and she thanked him dearly for retrieving it.

       He heard a thump behind him as a figure joined him. Chat sighed.
"Ladybug I Don't really-" He turned to see the person was not Ladybug
"I hear the term 'm'lady' has been put to rest." The figure toyed with her sword.
"I wonder what happened." The shadow turned its face to the light, a smirk plastered on the face. A smirk he knew all to well.
"Blaze." Chat growled, extending his staff and holding it in front of him.
"Woah calm down there loverboy,  I came to talk, not to fight." She said, sheathing her sword.
"If you came to surrender, you made the right choice."
"Oh your no fun." She sighed. "No... I'm afraid you won't be getting my miraculous tonight. Im here on other matters."
"I don't talk to snakes like you." He snapped. Ready to strike.
"I am a dragon. Not a snake." She said, pointing to the horns on her head.
"Your still a lier and a fake Lila."
"I may be a lier but at least I'm not a disappointment like you."
Chats face flashed with hurt but he covered it quickly.
"Hawkmoth wants a chat with you. A little... father-son conversation." A devious grin on her face.
"How did you-"
"Don't worry. Father hawkmoth doesn't know. But would be a shame if he found out wouldn't it?"
"No- your lying!
"I could be." Blaze said. "But-" she spoke, getting a little too close to be comfortable. "You never know. I mean of course you could risk it, that definitely wouldn't leave disastrous consequences." She grinned.
"What do you want." Chat seethed, his blood boiling.
"Unlike your dear father i don't need, nor want your miraculous.-"
"Then what do you want."
"So pushy." Said Blaze, stepping closer.
"But i think ill keep my evil plan to myself for now. "
"Why did you come here if you didn't need anything?"
"To deliver hawkmoth message- which i haven't finished, and one other thing."
Chat shifted positions, his legs getting sore from being flexed for so long. Blaze put her hand up and whispered something in Chats ear.
"NO!" Chat swung his baton at her, at her words. But she was gone. As if she just poofed.
"no." He whispered. sinking to his knees not wanting to believe what she said, but it made so much sense! No. Lila was a lier. Thats all she did! She wasnt capable of telling the truth!..... right?

                         ~•- - - - - - - - - - - •~

Marinette sat on her balcony, a blanket wrapped around her and an umbrella above her. It was raining out and her feet were getting wet but she Didn't notice it. She stood out there and waited for someone who said he would come. Chat noir Didn't usually break his word, but she stood out there anyway, hoping he would come.

A few more minutes passed and Marinette gave up waiting, plus her feet were getting cold. She hopped back into her room, and went to the bathroom to dry her feet off when she heard a loud crash come from Adriens room.

"Adrien? Are you alright?" She asked, knocking on the door before opening it and seeing adrien sprawled out on the floor in front of the desk, legs dangling off the chair.
"Oh my- what happened?"
"I- uhm.... i was uhh.. trying to- close the curtains, and i fell... off the desk." Adrien said, hoping his story was believable.
"Oh gosh are you ok?" She asked, helping him up. "These curtians can be tricky sometimes- why is the window open?" Marinette shut the window and wiped up the rainwater with her sleeve, closing the curtains for Adrien as well.

"Oh it- mustev opened when i fell, heh clumsy me... but yea im alright i think."
"Your- why are you wet?" She said, Asking yet another question.
"Oh! I just got out of the shower ehe." He said, rubbing the back of his head. Marinette suddenly became very aware of herself, took a step back. Adrien stood up and brushed himself off, taking a seat on the bed.

"W-well uhm... if your not hurt or something i guess ill just-" Marinette started to leave.
"Wait!" Adrien said.
"Hm?" She looked back, hand on the door.
"Can- I ask you something?" There was hurt in his eyes.
"O-of course, what is it?"
"Have-"he began. " have you ever been told something that you didn't want to believe, but it just made so much sense?" Her face flooded with concern.
"What happened?" She asked, sitting on his desk chair.
Adrien shifted uncomfortably on his bed.
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to-"
"Its not that i don't want to its just- i can't"
"Why not?"
"I uh-" Adrien chuckled somberly.
"I can't tell you that either"
Marinette was confused but didnt push it further. She had plenty of things she couldn't tell herself.
"Does this have something to do with lila?" She asked. Adrien perked up
"How did you know?"
"It- just seems like something she would do."
Adrien nodded in agreement.
"I don't know what she told you, but it's probably a lie. Shes really good with coming up with believable tricks. But I wouldn't say demand it false either, she does have some truth to her words. You should check for yourself, do some research, or ask some people.    And- if she said something about you- know that her words don't define you. You decide what you are. Personally i think your one of the most amazing people i know." Adrien felt a blush coming to his face. No one had ever talked to him this way before.
"Y- you do?" He asked.
"Yea! Your smart and funny, your creative and have amazing hair, and your always caring about other people! Id call that pretty amazing!" Tikki couldn't help but notice from inside the purse that Marinette had not stuttered nor stumbled on her words once. A proud smile grew on her small face.

"Marinette i- thank you. No ones- ever really talked to me like that before."
It was now that she realized what she had said.
"W-well i- just... told you the truth-"

marinette noticed there were tears in Adriens eyes. Had he truly never heard those words before? Did he really have no one to tell him how amazing he was? 
"Oh Adrien-" she got up from her chair and sat next to him. Once again more concerned for his feelings then her own, ignoring the intense fluttering in her stomach. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a hug, and Marinette all but melted in his arms. He pulled away and said

"You really are a great friend Marinette, thank you."

- - - - - - - - - - - -  -  - - 
It must suck to suck 😢
HAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHHAHAHA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 🌝

Sorry again this chapter took so long to put out 😅 i have no excuse, just me being lazy 😔