Chapter 27: Overhaul [2021]

[Reread the warnings as described. If you don't want spoilers and don't care about trigger warnings then don't read this sentence---> TW: violence, blood, gore, abuse, child abuse, drinking, a hooker, boobs, a female character in this sausage fest for a brief moment, a sex, mentions of sexual assault[?], brief needles and medication, also obviously Endigo is nothing like this in real life.] I've never even been in the same country as Endigo. I don't know the dude or any other characters I am using. I saw Skrillex live but that's it. I am only forwarding this ridiculous plot through the whirling universe portal to the finish line of this 2015 story. Don't worry, that will be in a long time. I am just using everyone as characters to propel the narrative so if you think badly of this real people fic's versions of my characters,  kindly make a check into your emotional issues.

Deadmau5 got up earlier than usual. His usual waking time was comparatively early already, but he'd really had enough of Ice's hijinks lately. He picked up this week's copy of EDM Producer Weekly that was lying on the table as his morning coffee brewed. 6:30 AM and he got to feel the cold of the night melt off the room and see the sun rise when he looked up from his magazine. He was trying to be as quiet as possible to avoid waking or making anyone alert to his presence. After his light breakfast he was tasked with buying Halloween candy to replenish the house's stock that they had just spent the past few days winging at each other when they least expected it. Seike had been the mastermind of this particular hijink, though one of the more level-headed housemates, he had used this juvenile strategy one day when he wanted to get Skril's attention as he was playing a round of Guitar Hero with his ex-Mau5. Joel smiled at the thought, but did not even snort for fear of breaking his peaceful and quiet morning.

He took his jacket and spookiest pair of Chuck Taylor All-Stars, grabbing a hat at the last minute to put under his helmet in case the Halloween wind decided to scare his head too. Passing the Disgusting Rabbit room he eyed the carpet, a thousand times dingy from the parties and alcoholism that had littered the room throughout the time they had lived in the house. Mud from the bike storage made the hairs stand up. Ghosts of old, decrepit leaves laid dramatically in an eternal crumple underneath the tyres, pushed to the side. It was a tribute to the purpose of a room in the house. Such structures were forbidden to exit the strict boundaries of play and togetherness, which existed here only in "fooling around." It was both sexual and a web of mind games. It left someone like him breathless as to how he had gotten roped into such a reality show of a life. His everyday dislike had become his world. He hated it and shut the door, pushing the thought like the ghosted leaves.

Another thing drifting around the house was wakefulness, and Skrillex's eyes had opened hours after Deadmau5's. The sunlight lit the sprinkles of dust running down his first vision of the day, yet the myopic creature did not want to see them. His only conscious thought was of a dream of marrying Ice as he was wearing a long white dress, Isen's own costume being a black Bugs Bunny-style opera suit. The tails on it had been longer than any Du-rag Skrillex had seen, the wonder of which would usually have been readily shared with his usual bedmate upon his wake, whether Isen wanted to wake up at that time or not. Immediacy was the way the couple showed their love for each other, and it had soured Sonny's mood to find that Isen wasn't even in the room. He had been out late going to the IMVU store to pick up something special for his boyfriend, upon coming home he was so concerned about the others' sleep that he didn't turn any lights on. When he hit the sack he fell asleep so quickly that he didn't see where Isen was or whether ze was even in the room.

Sonny walked the tiers of the house to find his boyfriend, in hopes of sharing the dream upon hir waking. He rubbed his eye underneath his glasses, a blanket dragging on the floor in his other hand. He lazily walked the the edges of the rooms one by one. Joel's was empty. Pieces of Seike's work-in-progress Halloween costume were strung over his sleeping form. Kitcha had his arms around nothing, as if a person had vanished in his care. From the doorway of the next room socks were dragging down the corridor, making Sonny watch with interest. His quizzical stare caught what they were tailing; a human being. Recognizable legs had pyjamas still on them though they sagged from the friction of the carpet, still asleep. A teenage belly button was exposed, a sight ze would seldom show, hir cheap box-store children's section polyester shark-print shirt was pulled all the way up past a point it would ever be, all the way above the midpoint of hir naked chest, and had hir sleeping face come awake it all would have been covered immediately. By the arms Isen was strung up like a woozy underage prostitute, an unappealing sight to Sonny, who would have gone to the ends of the earth to protect hir decency. His young prince had been reduced to a cheap, disrobed slab of meat, parts on display Sonny had never seen before; nothing like the shining virgin figure of a youth he knew. He became too shocked to bear what he was seeing and ducked behind a corner. The daylight did not deserve to lay eyes on or illuminate such a putrid image to anyone.