Chapter 31:

*Emma's POV*

When Luke walked in, we were greeted by a goofy smile and laughter. I asked him what's up and he just said Hailey's name. He went up to his room after that.

"Well that was weird," Ashton said.

"Oh yeah," I answered.

"So what do you guys want to do?" Ashlyn asked.

"Do you play video games?" Michael asked.

"Yeah," she replied.

He was a bit shocked by her answer, but said to follow him to the game room. After they left, Calum went to his room because he said he was "tired". But I think it's because he was jealous.

"So what do you wanna do?" Ashton asked.

"I don't know... want to watch a movie?" I questioned.

"Sure. What do you want to watch?" Ashton said, leading me to the movie selection.

"Ummm... how about 'Titanic'?" I suggested.

"Sure," he replied.

He plopped down next to me on the living room couch. As the movie started to play, I rested my head on his shoulder while he put his arm around me. We didn't do anything during it, until it came to the part when Jack was drawing Rose.
Ashton looked at me, got up, took Off his shirt, and laid down on the floor. He rested his head on his arm and faced me.

"Draw me like one of your French girls, Emma," he said.

I started dying laughing. I clutched my stomach because it hurt so bad.

"Stop- stop your killing me," I laughed.

He started to chuckle at my reaction and got up off the floor. I finally stopped laughing and he sat down next to me.

"Want me to put my shirt back on?" He smirked.

"No, your good," I said.

"Okay," he chuckled.

We continued to watch it 'til the end. I pretended to fall asleep, just so he'd carry me. (Don't pretend that u haven't done that to your dad at one point or another.)

Anyway, he carried me upstairs to my room and I curled up to his chest while he did so. He stopped suddenly and I felt him look down at me. It was stupid, but I opened one eye and looked at him. He saw me steal a glance and I quickly shut my eyes.

"Emma," he said. "Emma I know your awake."

I still didn't dare to open my eyes and say I was faking.

"Okay, you asked for it."

Before I could even register what happened, he dropped me on the floor.

"Ow!" I shouted.

He just kind of laughed at me while I got up.

"Not funny," I declared crossing my arms.

He was still giving me that contagious laugh. I couldn't stay mad at him forever, so I joined in.

"I'm sorry," he finally said.

"It's okay," I replied.

"Let's go back into the living room," he told me as he took my hand.

We laid back down on the couch and I snuggled up next to him. He grabbed a large blanket and put it over us. In no time, he was asleep. I stayed up for a few minutes just listening...

I heard Ashton's steady heartbeat and his slow breathing. Ashlyn and Michael probably playing a video game. Luke was making a keek. Sadly, I didn't hear Calum. I couldn't help feel sorry for him. I know that both Calum and Michael have a crush on Ashlyn, but would they let that in between their friendship? I hoped not.

Can I just stay like this forever? Safe, warm, loved... with Ashton. Please?

Not a minute later, I closed my eyes and started dreaming...