Chapter 3:

"Hailey?"
I was shocked but also relieved. She was one of my best friends at the orphanage. I mentally slapped myself for not saying goodbye to her earlier.

"Ash, do u mind if i go visit with my friend for a while?"

He looked at me with a pouting lip. Hes so cute!

"Pweeeeeaaase?"

"Fine. But i'll get you back!"

I smirked at him and he just laughed.
I ran down the hill to Hailey. She wore her usual outfit: jeans, vans, softball tournament t-shirt and a bandanna. She is IN LOVE with bandannas almost as much as shes in love with food. For a tiny girl, she can eat alot!

"Emma!" She shouted back.

I embraced her in a bear hug and she did the same to me. Luke just looked at us like we were crazy!

"Hailey! I thought id never see you again! Who adopted you?!"

"This really nice couple. They couldn't have kids and always wanted a teenager. Who'd you get adopted by?"

"Four boys. Your talking to one of them."

Luke just gives one of his goofy smiles.

"So your like, her dad?" Hailey asked Luke.

"No. Calum's parents are really. They signed the papers. Im kind of like a family friend."

"Oh," hailey sighed. I could tell the relief in her voice. I think she likes Luke... ;)
Ashton joined us as she said that. I turned and smiled at him and he returned it.

"Hey Ash, can i talk to you? Alone?" I asked. He looked shocked when i said "alone" for a split second.

"Uh, sure,"

Why the pause? Weird.
When i got him back on top of the hill, he was closer to me than i thought he was before.

"Yes?" He asked.

"I know that I've only been with you guys for a few hours, but could i please have Hailey come over? It'll only be for one night," i pleaded. Knowing me and Hailey, it wouldn't be just one night.

"You'll have to ask your 'Brother' first," he put air quotes around "brother". I just laughed.

"CALUM! COME HERE AND TALK TO YOUR SISTER!!" Ashton yelled.

As Calum ran up the hill he laughed the whole way up.

"Yes?" Calum asked.

I gave him my quivering lip.

"Can i pweeease have my best friend ,Hailey, spend the night? Pweeeeeease?"

"Ummm..."

To seal the deal i gave him my sad eyes.

"Fine. Yes, she can over."

"THANK YOU BRO!"

"Wait, what?" He was shocked when i added the "brother" part.

"Well your my 'brother' since, technically, our parents signed the papers."

"Oh. Okay!"

He seemed more excited than i thought he would've.
I ran down the hill to tell Hailey the good news. Her and Luke were still talking.

"Hailey, do u want to spend the night?"

"Yes! I'll have to check with my folks though."

Ashton and my "brother" came down the hill.

"Hey Em, its about time to head back," My brother said.

"Okay. Hey hailey, can you just text me if you can?"

"Sure"

After exchanging numbers, i left with the boys.
I found out that Mikey was just watching us the whole time and eavesdropping on Hailey and Luke's conversation.

"You like her don't you, Luke?"

Luke's face turned tomato red.

"No..."

I could tell he was lying because he didn't look at us, but i didn't want to push the subject. We all got in the van and drove home. I got a text from Hailey a few minutes later.

Hey girl! I can come. Just text me the address and i'll be on my way. Btw do u like Luke?
~H

No, i don't. Why do you?
~E

Maybe. Thats not the point! Just text me your address already!
~H

After i texted her the address, we were already home. Since i hadn't slept in my bed yet, i didn't need to make it. So all i had to do was put a sweatshirt and sweatpants on, and clear my stuff out of the way. After i threw my hair up in a high ponytail, the doorbell rang. Sure enough it was little Hailey, with her kermit hat on. (Kermit is also her nickname)
(And Wendy is mine because i love that restaurant)

"KERMIT!" I shouted.

"WENDY!" She shouted back.

"ASHTON!" He randomly joined.

We both turned around and looked at him like he was crazy.

"What?" He asked ," cant i join?"

We just laughed. When she came in, she was immediately greeted by Luke. His face lit up like a christmas tree. After their "reunion" me and kermit went in my room.

"So, Luke huh?" I ask.

"Shut up! He might hear!" She said.

"So what if he hears it?!"

"So what? If he doesn't like me back, then id look like a complete idiot!"

"Oh."

Well he does like you. Of course i didn't say that.

"You never know..." i said.
She just smirked and said i was playin around.

Two questions still buzzed in my mind:

Why did they adopt me?
~and~
Does Ashton like me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys, thanks for reading my story! Shoutout to Hailey! Everybody go follow her I_LOVE_FOOD_33 Shes my bestie and i wouldn't trade her for the world! Love ya ;)