64%: doctors

Verona's pov

Once we were done spending a bunch of money at the mall we carried all of our bags to his car.

"You're fit game is going to be untouchable." i hyped him up as we put the bags in the trunk of his car.

"I thought my fit game was already untouchable." He pouted playfully while getting the last few bags to fit.

"Give me the stuff." i unfamiliar voice called out and i felt a hand grab my arm.

There was a guy in a ski mask right behind me holding out a pocket knife.

I quickly screamed, completely taken aback by this man's actions

"Dont touch her!" Noah quickly stepped in and pulled my arm out of his grip and blocked his access to me.

"Give me the bags."

"You can have them. Just put away the knife, man. Dont hurt us over some shoes." Noah gave us a pretty big distance.

"Oh my god!" A lady who parked not too far from us screamed. "I'm calling the police."

And with that, the man bolted out of there. He didnt even get a chance to take the stuff.

"Oh my god are you okay?" I watched as Noah frantically checked my body for any possible cuts.

"Yeah i'm fine." i shake my head as i watch Noah's attitude change.

"Verona you're bleeding." he sounded worried.

"Wait what?" my vision became blurry once i saw the blood gushing out of my arm.

I dont remember anything after that.

"The cut will heal in a few weeks. Thankfully he didn't cute deep where you would need stitches. But dont worry you didn't get any infections from the knife." the male doctor reassured me as he wrapped my forearm up.

"Okay thank you." i said softly as i looked over at Noah who was standing out in the hallway nervously.

"You're boyfriend out there was going crazy when you passed out."

I let out a small laugh.

"He's just a friend."

"You sure? With the way he ran in here worried sick. I just assumed he was your-"

"He used to be. But that didnt workout." i cleared my throat.

"ohhhh." he nodded as he looked back at Noah. He had no clue we were even talking about him.

"What did he do?" He questioned.

"Cheated."

"On you?" the very attractive doctor's jaw dropped as i nodded.

"Well he is an absolute idiot. I would do anything to take you out."

"How sweet." i say not really knowing what to say. He wasn't like an old doctor. he seemed like he just became one. I've never been hit on by one so i kind of just sat there.

Once we finished things up and i was free to leave he asked for my number. But i insisted on having his.

I handed him my phone so he could give me his number and then we went our separate ways.

"Are you okay?" Noah got all crazy worried as he looked at my arm.

"Yes Noah. I'm fine i promise." I reassure him.

"Do you want me to call Blake? He's probably worried."

"No its okay. You don't need to do that." i quickly denied.

"What? Why? V he's your boyfriend." he tried to look at me as we walked out of the hospital.

"Dont worry about it Noah." i let out a heavy sigh.

"Well im going to worry. You just got cut in the arm by a crazy guy." Noah stopped me before we could get in the car.

"Can you just take me home Noah? I dont feel good." just reimagining the blood on my arm made me dizzy.

The drive was super awkward.

"Me and Blake aren't together anymore." i finally spoke up.

"Wait what?" he seemed so caught off guard. He tried to look at me but he was too busy driving.

"We broke up during the New York trip." i cleared my throat.

"Why? i thought you guys were super happy." he looked at me once we got a red light.

"I thought i was. Until he tried giving me a promise ring. Then thats when i realized i really didn't love him as much as i though i did. So i just broke things off before it could get too far." i let out a sigh. "but at the time thats when we had our tik tok drama. so we both agreed to keep the breakup a secret so nobody would speculate it had anything to do with the drama."

"Wow... im sorry V."

"Dont be. im fine." i reassure him.

He continued to drive.

Once we got to my apartment we both got out the car and walked up to my floor.

"You feeling okay?" he repeatedly asked as i made my way to my room.

"Yes." i respond as i cuddled with Woody who was having a full nap on my bed.

Noah just stood their by the door frame.

"Thank you for protecting me from the crazy guy." i sat on the edge of the bed,

"Of course." he cleared his throat.

"After that incident, i know im never leaving my apartment." i laugh as he stepped closer.

"Is it okay if i hug you?" he whispered softly as i immediately nodded yes.

Then he quickly engulfed me in a warm hug.

A hug i never pulled away from.

—sweeteasaint

hope yall have a good day