51%: locked out

Verona's pov

"How the hell did you even get in?" I crossed my arms as i leaned against my bedroom door frame.

"You gave me a key remember?"

That was then i flooded with sadness just thinking about our past.

We were always hanging out.

I was so serious about him i gave him a key.

"Well can i have it back?" I try to come off as careless.

"Sure." A part of Noah looked like he was shattered.

He set the key into my hand and i shoved it in my back pocket.

"Say what you need to say."

"I just want to apologize for ever breaking your heart. I never intentionally meant to leave you. I just felt like shit because you thought i cheated and it made me upset with you. So i wanted to give up on us."

I shook my head at his response.

"Noah you were so quick to move on. And a big part of me doesn't want to be with you because of that. I was broken for a long time." I pouted at him.

I flinched when i felt him hold my hands.

"Verona! I fucking love you."

"Its too late for all of that Noah. Im trying to move on." I sniffled. "Would you ever come over here if Dixie didnt break up with you?"

That was when he let go of my hand.

"Okay move on. Date someone else. I don't care. Can we at least be friends?" He begged and begged. "I need you in my life."

I didn't say yes or no.

But i knew in my heart what i wanted.

"Okay." I give in.

"But i need you to answer this honestly."

Now he was quiet as he waited for my question.

"Did you and Dixie kiss while we were together?"

He didnt answer. He even looked away looking guilty as hell.

I started to breakdown.

"I knew it." I walked out of the room.

"Verona wait!"

"I cant believe you." I broke down on the floor.

I swear 99% of my break downs happen on the floor.

"It was a mistake."

"A lot of things are mistakes, Noah." I said with no remorse.

"And i don't care how much I love you. There is no chance for us to get back together. I don't even want to be friends anymore." I push his comforting hands away.

"So thats it? You're just gonna go date that Vinnie guy?"

"Why not? He is the one person who has made me realize my worth. While you made me feel like shit for being insecure." I wipe my cheeks.

The amount of tears i've shed for this boy could fill up more water bottles than the ocean could.

"Its crazy how you told me i shouldn't be insecure about your friendship with Dixie. When i had every right to since you guys kissed behind my back." I laid my head on the wood floor.

"Im sorry, Verona."

"I hope everything goes well for you, Noah. I will admit to you that I love you. And i've always have. But i know that its a no go. I hope you find the girl you've been dreaming of."

"You're the girl I dream of." He cried on the floor with me.

"If i was then you wouldn't have kissed another girl. And you wouldn't have given up on us so fast like you did."

"But-"

"I think our talk is over." I cut him off.

He nodded his head using his sleeve to dry his face. I watched as he stood up to leave.

He walked to the door and was about to walk out.

"I think we should share Woody."

"Excuse me?" I raise a brow at him.

I looked over at Woody who was laying on the couch just staring at the two of us.

"Its only fair if we share him. We got him together. He's my dog just as much as he's yours."

"You were never interested in being in his life until now. What the hell." I stood up and held Woody in my arms.

"Im serious Verona. I think its best if we coparent with him. Like every other week i get him."

"Oh fuck you." I shook my head as he stepped closer.

"You're just doing this to get to me. Stop!" I backed away.

"I'm doing this because I love Woody too. Its not fair to me."

"I'm not giving him to you." I cried.

But he found a way to take him from my grip.

"No!" I cried.

But he took Woody and walked out.

I practically ran after him through the apartment building.

But he was gone. I was so angry at myself for not getting there fast enough.

I ended up locking myself out my own apartment.

Everything was in there. My phone, my keys to the house and my car.

I didn't know what to do. I was a crying mess. I couldn't even think straight.

—sweeteasaint

The struggle do be real

I love ari as much as the next girl but this had me deadddddd