Chapter Two

Sage's POV

Another day meaning another nightmare i had to suffer at night because i knew my twins weren't safe. Checking the time i sigh knowing we have to get up soon if we want to make his breakfast and get to school on time, we'll have to get ready soon but with our new injuries it might make this a bit harder, sighing i turn and lightly nudge Ashlynn over lily who was still sleeping, "Ash we need to wake up if we're going to make his breakfast and go to school on time" she groaned loudly from being woken up obviously from lack of sleep and is clearly still tired before nodding getting up and resting her back against the headboard, "Ok I'll go make breakfast and you help take care of Lily ok" i nodded my head while she got off the bed before getting clothes for Lily, herself and i, even though Lily's going to be pissed at the fact that we're going to be doing most of her things for her today, yesterday was bad because not once has Lily ever and i mean Ever pass out from a beating so that just explains how bad it was. Ashlynn puts on a pair of black high waisted ripped jeans, white long sleeved shirt with a light blue transparent (a.n transparent- something you can see through easily) cropped tank top on top of the shirt, paired with her favourite leather jacket before putting her old worn out black knee high heeled boots on before reminding me that we have ten minutes to get out of here somewhat safely. Even though we're living such crap lives we each have our own thing to help get money for each other like Ash sells her paintings, Lil sells her codes online on our beat up phone and i fight although i say i help out at a grocery store on the other side of town which is considered the good side of town just so that Lily isn't suspicious about how i make my money because only Ash knows that i fight and the only reason i didn't tell lily is because she would never forgive me once she knows that i not only lied to her but to her fighting is basically voluntarily hurting yourself and she doesn't want me to hurt myself further but I'm not the only one as Ash also fight a bit but the one thing she hides from Lily is that she does drugs occasionally and i join her a few times but if any of our secrets are revealed we know it will break Lily's heart that we kept this from her.

"Lil wake up we or we're going to be late to school" i said gently nudging her right shoulder which made her shoot up holding her shoulder groaning, "y-yeah I'm u-up let's go" and she got up acting like she wasn't just groaning in pain a few minutes ago, sighing again, i realise that this wasn't as easy as I'd hoped because lily had a nack for not really telling us how serious her injuries normally were for that fucking shit excuse of not wanting to worry us, she's our baby sister even if it's by four hours she's still our baby sister.

"Show me" i commanded and although I shouldn't I don't want her hiding it, "it's fine, relax Bubba" she said rolling her eyes but giving a small smile at the end, "No show me please Lily" i asked well more like pleaded and i can see she's busy having a battle on whether or not she has to show me before dropping her head sighing, taking the hoodie before moving closer to me so i could take a better look, "how bad does it hurt" i question looking at the slightly blue coloured shoulder, she just shrugged before answering, "It pains if i move it to much but other then that it's more of a dull pain but don't worry i can handle it" she continued getting dressed in a dark blue long sleeved shirt with a white and baby blue plaid shirt and black leggings, putting on a jean jacket tying it around her waist before putting her worn out black boots on while i put on a white long sleeved shirt with my baby blue sweatshirt over it, a pair of jeans, a black jean jacket and my white converse.

Before Lily could get her bag i picked it up for her before getting mine and Ashlynn's bag heading downstairs quickly while my twin glares at me before looking elsewhere. I know she's upset that we're doing this but she needs to realise she doesn't need to hide her pain from us, not once have i nor Ashlynn seen Lily break down which is exactly why we do what we do, call us childish or stubborn but we only want what's best for her. "Come on I'm done with breakfast, let's go" Lily and i nod while i wordlessly hand Ashlynn her bag before we follow her out the door making our way to school, "you know i can carry my own bag right bubba" Lily exclaimed clearly still upset that I'm carrying her bag, "And you know we won't let you carry your bag right baby" Ashlynn exclaims with her usual smirk clearly trying to agitate Lily and i quickly catch on on what she's trying to do before giving a small smirk of my own, "I'm not a baby Ashly" Lily protested while crossing her arms with a pout before looking down, catching Ash's gaze she nods at lily while we silently laugh to ourselves, she definitely has a funny way of showing us she's not a baby, "You seriously have a really funny way of proving your not baby Lil, i mean crossing your arms, pouting and not looking at us yep I'm convinced your not a baby at all" i reply giving a small eye roll at the end chuckling at how she looks up almost astonished that i actually said that, "I can't believe you said that bubba, you know what I'm not talking to either of you ever again" she said crossing her arms before speed walking ahead of us not sparing us a glance.