Chapter Twenty Two

Lillian's POV

I can't believe they lied, they promised me

You might be thinking, it's not a big deal, but it is, it really is.

Trust was the only thing we valued most, our trust in each other was the only thing we valued when we were living with them.

And even though our trust in each other hasn't changed since we came here, we still made sure to hold it at the same level we did when we were living at our abusers house.

But then they broke it, even with something so small, i couldn't help but think of the possibility of them lying about something else.

I still remember the night i made them make that promise.

~flashback~

We were laying on the bed after bubby cleaned all our wounds, but there was something bothering me.

I know that usually after school or a small beating like tonight they'd wait until sir is asleep before smoking, but it is really unhealthy and we're already weak, I don't want them to become any weaker, they're supposed to be as healthy as can be, so that we can escape from this hell.

"Guys?"

I said and watched as they both turn to me slightly as it still hurts to move

"Yes Lily?" Ash bubby ask while bubba just looks at me meaning i have his full attention.

"Will you guys promise me something please?"

"What is lil?" Bubba asks after some time

"Will you promise to never do anything that'll hurt you even more in the long and short term" i said well more like whimpered because the idea of them being hurt and more so the idea of them hurting themselves even more, hurt me.

I could see that they knew what i meant by short and long term, I didn't want them to smoke anymore because it just makes their bodies even weaker and we couldn't afford well I can't afford them to be even weaker

"Please I don't want you to die one day because he became to violent and your bodies were to weak to handle it" i said letting a few tears while they both came closer, cuddling each other.

"It's fine lil don't cry ok, we promise we won't do things that'll hurt our bodies anymore"

"R-really?" I said looking up at the only two people who i care about

"Really" they said at once making me giggle because of the look they gave each other

~end of flashback~

Looking around i notice that everyone who was in the bathroom had left making me believe that i had in actual fact zoned out for quite a while.

Grabbing the brown paper that's in the dispenser to dry my wet hands i make my way out the bathroom and throw the now damp paper into the bin that's besides the bathroom door.

Looking at the empty hallway i check my phone and notice that it's been nearly ten minutes since i came into the bathroom.

Slightly quickening my pace, so that I don't worry my twins anymore, as even though I'm upset I don't hate them I'm just hurt.

It all happened so quick, one moment i could see the doors to the cafeteria the next i was on the ground holding my head as someone ruffly tossed me over their shoulder while another held a cloth covering my nose and mouth. I wasn't a fool and knew that the moment i took a breath I'll be unconscious but as the will to fight came i remembered all my rules that I've followed since the abuse started, so following one i just "take it like a good girl"