Chapter 17

Genisā.

It was just another day ending of business as usual for Genisā and Kai. The most dreadful part to Genisā because she liked to keep herself busy if it meant her mind was going to be her biggest distraction.

It's only just been a couple of weeks since Saint had tried to talk to Genisā. She told Kaia, and Londyn about it. She tried to convince them that she was good though but if they knew her like they did, they knew she was far from it. But tried they best to keep her distracted and smiling.

"You thinking about going to get a burger or something when we lock up?" Genisā loudly questioned to Kaia who was in the back stocking things up.

"Yeah doesn't matter to me." She yelled back and Genisā nodded her head. She's been surprisingly having no morning sickness, her appetite has gone up though as if she could eat all day long.

Saint hasn't tried to contact her at all and she didn't care for that matter only because she told him not to. She just wanted him physically around, she wanted to be sharing the beginning trimester of their unborn with him.

Hoping he'll just soon enough return home safe and sound. She wasn't even worried about who was after them anymore, more so of him being home where he belonged. She sat in the salon chair and ran her hands through her hair.

It just seems like her thoughts were louder than her actual words these days. She had to start meditating more to keep herself sane, more walks even with her gun on her because her family still isn't safe. Someone is out there somewhere just laughing at them losing their minds quietly.

"Gen!" Kaia yelled abruptly interrupting Genisā's thoughts.

"Hm?" She answered with her eyes still closed, deeply breathing and meditating in a way.

"You okay? I was lowkey talkin' to your high yellow ass for a second and you were in LaLa land." Concerned was laced all in her voice. Being that she is her best friend she gotta be worried about her three times for the baby's sake, and here.

"Yes I am fine, Kai. Please stop asking that." Gen opened her eyes and gave off a fake smile to assure her.

Kai wasn't having it at all as she gave her a stank face, "I can smell bullshit from far away and it ain't too far from where you're sitting. But c'mon big momma, I know you starving." She brushed it off letting Gen have it.

Knowing she'll be asking if she good once more in thirty minutes anyways.

The two of them closed the shop and walked out to the parking lot. Gen rode with Kai to the shop today because she felt lazy, so when walking out to the parking lot the two were confused to see another car.

Gen cursed at herself because her gun was in Kai's truck and squinted to see the person that was behind the wheel, smacking her lips.

"Here come this annoying ass bitch." Kaia said loudly enough for Saint's ex to hear while she rolled her eyes at them.

"Bitch fuck you, because I came to talk to Genisā."

"I see you don't want to get yo' real stupid ass out that fuckin' car though. What you want bird?" Genisā shook her head.