Chapter 9.

Genisā's Pov.

Saint had me in this nice restaurant that was nearby the resort, and close by the beach. It had the most amazing view, and low music playing with low lights. I honestly believe Saint paid the people for the restaurant tonight.

It wasn't anybody but me and him, and I didn't want to waste any second. Each minute I started to become attached to him, any other dude I would hurry and bury that.

But with Saint, it was natural. Nothing forced over here. It made me feel like I could be comfortable with him for anything, and I was happy to be able to say that.

"So, I didn't get to thank you for the roses." I said before taking a sip of my wine and he smirked watching me.

"It wasn't a problem at all, I felt like I was being sorta an asshole to you earlier. You didn't do shit to deserve that attitude from me no ways. I wanna just make up for it." He said gently holding my hand, rubbing it.

It brought me to an extreme stop when he did that, it did calm me down. But his touch was almost like fire to my skin, I didn't want the fire to end though. It was the fire I have been searching for in someone.

"You weren't being an asshole, though. I understand I be too pushy at times, and I'm sorry if I seem like I'm pressuring you into doing that." I said and he pecked my hand a few times.

"You're not pressuring me at all, though Genisā. Matter fact, I think it's time I talk about it with you because the shit always eating at me.." He trailed off and I can feel his whole mood change, I started rubbing his forearm.

"Take your time, seriously." I said genuinely he nodded his head slowly, and leaned forward and I followed his lead, pecking his lips a few times, making my cheeks quickly flare up.

He bit his lip and leaned back into his sleep, sighing deeply, and I kept my hands on top of his to reassure him to keep going.

"When I was 19, and my brother was 23, he was going through problems owing people back the money he burrowed from them. He was trying to take care of our mother, but he just kept digging hisself into a bigger hole," He sighed again and started talking once more.

"One day, he just knew he was in trouble. He promised to pay these big ass niggas they money back, but I guess they figured he was taking too long.. He had got shot right in front of me. They shot him up like he was some kinda' fuckin' target practice dummy, dawg. I replay that shit over and over in my head since I seen it. I always blamed myself because I didn't have my gun on me. I could have prevented that shit. My brother died because I couldn't save him." He said and I could feel his hands start to shake underneath mine, I wanted to cry for him honestly.

That's the most horrible thing to witness. Your sibling just dying in front of you, I don't know what I would do if anything like that happens to my siblings. I just pray to God everyday, to keep his loving merciful arms around my family.

I scooted out of my seat, walking over to Saint's side of the table, and taking a seat in his lap. His face was just in unreadable expression, and I placed my hands underneath his chin, rubbing his beard slowly.

"You aren't responsible for your brother's death. I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but you, Javier are not responsible for it. He was trying his best to help his family and he just messed with the wrong people. I wish I could have met him. The memories you tell me about him sounds like he was the best brother to you, your sister and the best son he could be to your mom." I said and he turned his head up towards me with a softened expression.