'S' Race

Y/N's POV

"Where is Miya?" You think to yourself, as you walk through the empty school halls,
"He said he will meet me near the form room..."
You decide to stay for a few minutes until suddenly,

"BOO!" Miya shouts, scaring you and causing you to drop your notebooks
"Oops, sorry" He smirks,
"No big deal." You laugh it off.
"Wanna go to a cafe? I heard they opened a new one up by our apartment building." Miya asks you, he's so sweet!
"Yeah sure! I'll just tell my friend I won't be able to answer her calls for some time." You say,
"Oh yeah okay!" 

CALLING...

CALLING...

ANSWERED

"Heyo, y/n. What do you need my lauv?" 

"I just wanted to tell you I won't be able to answer texts and messages for a while okayy?"

"Oh. Why is that?"

"Nosy much."

"Come onn tell meee" 

"I'm going to a cafe with Miya, but I don't wanna disturb the customers with your 'every minute' reminder that you're online." 

"Oh. With that boy? "

"Yep!"

"Whatever, no kissing."

Miya hid his face.

"We're only 13, Hiro. You're so problematic."

CALL ENDED

"Off we go!" You say, grabbing hold of his hand and dragging him out the halls.
"Y-You can let go of my hand, I know where to go." He simply says, stuttering a bit.
"It's okayy, I can help out" You tease,

xxx

As you were leaving the cafe, Miya decided it's time to ask you about a secret race that not many people no of, it's a race that he will be taking part in tomorrow.

Miya's POV

"Hey, y/n?" He says, looking your way.
"Hmm?" You respond,
"Have you ever heard of the S race?" he asks hesitantly.
"Hmm, nope!"
"It's one of the few top secret skating races." He explains a bit more to you as you walk home together...

"Here in Okinawa, a group of hardcore skaters participate in a secret, no-holds-barred competition after midnight known as "S," racing each other on skateboards down a winding road carved out of an abandoned mine and occasionally forming rivalries with each other.."

You're suprised at his knowledge of a race that is secret, as you're about to say something he continues on with his theories and past races.

"I heard about this rookie once, apparently he used to snowboard for 15 years, but then moved into Okinawa to start a new life. He has no proper experience in skating, but still won against Shadow." He says, confused himself.

"Who is shadow?" You ask.

"He is what we used to call a none beatable skater, he's quite scary if I'm to say so myself. Langa, the rookie, won against someone like that? Confusing." You hear him mutter the last bit.
"Langa may be a rookie, but he is talented with snowboarding which is now his biggest advantage." He goes on... "I'll be participating in the S soon."

You stop in your tracks, suprised by his choice of wording. Maybe he said something wrong?

"Do you mean you're going to watch the race?" You ask innocently.
"No silly! I'm going to be IN the race." He says, not too keen on whether to be excited or not.
"It's really not my choice though." He mutters, you couldn't make up what he just said.

"I'll get hold of a sticker for you, that's the only way you can get in." He says.
"Woah! Really? You'd do that for me?" You jump in excitment, you will get to see him skateboard in a proper race!
"Yeah... as long as you're gonna cheer me on!" He says happily.
You haven't exactly seen him properly smile yet, it was just smirks and teasings... but this one seemed legit.
"Ofcourse!" You say as you wave goodbye and walk into your grandma's apartment.

"Where have you been, y/n?" Your dad says, he looked pissed...
"Huh?" You soon realise... you missed your mum's birthday. You forgot to call her!
"Sorry! I had my phone on silent!" You argue back trying to win.
"Well, what were you doing for the past 2 hours?" Your grandma walks in.
"I made a new friend, so I hung out with them." You say, trying to not make it too obvious it's a boy.
"Hmm, well I'm sure she is a nice girl " you mentally facepalm yourself as your dad probably wouldn't want your first friend to be a boy, he seems to have no idea about pronouns either...

"Uhm, yeah. We went to the cat cafe that opened nearby recently." You say trying to get rid of the awkward silence after your dad assumes Miya's gender.

"What's her name?" He says again.
"Miya." You say hoping he know's that's a gender neatrual name.
"Pretty!" He says as he walks off to the kitched to eat some of the cinnamon  buns your grandma made to celebrate mum's birthday on the phone.
She stares at as if she knows that what you said was a lie, but then sends you a shiny smile to show happiness.
"Come on hun, we have some food." She says as she waddles away.

Phew...

"yeahh okayy..." You say as you walk over to the kitchen.

A/N: I just realised tehre are actually some people reading this story, thank you sm, I'll update faster nowww : )