Chapter 29

WE ARE GOING BACK TO SCHOOL ON THE 8TH WHAT NO PLEASE I AM TERRIFIED PLSSS 

lets go. 🥴

xxx

Your phone lights up as you get a message, picking it up you soon realise it's from Miya.
He said he's free today and that he is willing to meet your dad.
"God, you know it's gonna be awkward.." You groan to yourself.
"What is?" Your dad says as he enters your room.
"Knocking exists." You spit.
"I'll be going out to meet grandma after dinner alright?"
"Yeah, no worries... dad?"
"Yeah?"
"Miya said he can meet you today, is that okay?"
Your dad just nods in response.
"He can come in for dinner."
"Alright, thanks- I'll tell him." You say with a smile as your eyes go back to your phone screen.
'My dad said u can come over for dinner lol' was what you sent back, luckily for you, you didn't get left on read.
"Yeah sure, I'll be there in an hour." Was his response.
There was this huge feeling that this was going to go wrong, but... maybe that's just you overthinking.
Yeah, probably.

xxx

You get out of bed when knocking interrupts your thoughts, as you swing open the door you get greeted with a smile.
"Hey y/n!" Miya says.
"Heyy, come in. Dad! Miya is here." You say as you turn towards the kitchen, where your dad was now setting up the table.
"Woah, nice house." Miya says as he takes his shoes off.
"Thanks! Follow me."
You walk into your kitchen.
"I won't stay for too long, I don't want to cause trouble." Miya mutters.
"I'm sure it'll be fine!" You say trying to cheer him up.
"Y/n, Miya come on. We don't want the food getting cold." Your dad says, placing the plates on the table.
"I'll stay with you guys for like 10 minutes and then I have to go, grandmas doing much worse and she needs some company." 
"That's fine dad." You smile.
"So, Miya, what do your parents do for a living?" He asks.
"Stupid question." you mutter to yourself.
"They ___________" Miya says, looking up from his plate.
"That seems like a high paying job, that's nice." 
"Yeah, it may seem like it. But in reality they're barely ever there for me when I really need them. They're always at work." Miya sighed.
"Ah, well if you ever need anything while your parents are out you can come to us." Your dad says happily.
"I've always wanted a son!" Your dad laughs.
"Dad!" You say swinging back on your chair, 
"Whenever there's a boy round you go on about how you want a son, please just stop this once." You say as you roll your eyes.
"Alright, calm down." Your dad responds,
"Ah, that's my que to go. Bye guys! Remember to clean up after yourselves once you're done. No funny busin-" You cut him off by shutting the door on him, the hospital was calling to check if he's still up for coming in as company.
"I'm done, so I'll just do the dishes when you finish." You smile at Miya.
"Oh, yeah sure. I'll help though." He says.
"If you say soo." You laugh,
"Hey, have you done the science assessment yet?" 
"Science assessme- WHAT? THERE WAS AN ASSESSMENT?" Miya shouts as he quickly gets up from his seat.
"Yeah, it's due in tomorrow. You can stay over and I'll help you with it!" 
"Thanks y/n!" He does a small cheer.
"Come on,  I have a laptop in my room you can do it on. Follow me." You say as Miya stands up and walks behind.
You sit with Miya for about 2 hours doing some essays and other homework that's past due.
You both end up falling asleep, Miya on the floor and you on the bed.

xxx

It was 4:40 am..
3rd person.

Miya gets up from the floor, yet, his eyes were still shut. He just casually walks around the room bumping into things.
Y/n still sound asleep.
Soon after though, Miya walked over to y/n. Was he sleep walking?
He threw himself on the bed and went back to peaceful sleeping.

xxx

You were woken up by your dad's voice...
"Y/N! I said no funny business! Why are you in the same bed as Miya? You know he could've taken mine!"  
You still weren't fully awake, so being aware of your surroundings was hard.
You rubbed your eyes to remove the blur and looked down, and to your suprise- 
Miya was fast asleep, hugging your arm.
"Dad, he was on the floor when we went to sleep. I'll  talk to you later, leave before he wakes up." You whisper loud enough for your dad to hear, but not for Miya to wake up.
"I want a full explanation when he leaves." Your dad says, turning and walking out. 
Obviously not closing the door behind him on purpose.
You groan and try to pull Miya off you, accidentally startling him awake.
"HUH-" He was just as confused as you...
"Didn't you fall asleep on the floor?" You tilt your head, smiling.
"I can't remember..." He laughs as a small tint of red crawls across his face when he remembered the fact that he was fast asleep on your arm.
"Did you send the essay you wrote to Mrs Jenks?" You ask as you get up from bed.
"I think so?" Miya says, grabbing his phone to make sure.
"Ah, I have a message from my mum, I have to get home- See you later?" He asks.
"Yeah sure!"

is anyone actually excited to go back to school? Because I'm definitely not 😭