I'm Doing This For Him

Sorry for not writing a lot, I got a few complaints, that's why I'm trying to make this chapter a lil longer.

I also got so much support on the other one, I think I will start writing more oftennn

Miya soon stopped and looked up at you,
"Y/n?! Against Adam?" He blurts out.
"Yeah, if he loses against me he will most likely realise his past mistakes." You smile at Miya causing him to realise he has to stop being so protective of you.
"Y/n, Miya is right, he's much older than you, more experienced, there's no way you're getting out of this alive!" Reki joined in.
"Why are you always so nosy, Reki? Let the poor girl do what she wants to. You're not her dad are you?" Langa says as he trails away.
"I'll see you on the tracks tomorrow, 12am. If you don't arrive on time you will be lead to many haters and a stupid nickname of my choice."
"No worries, old man. I will definitely be there on time." You say as you grab Reki's and Miya's arm.
"I will make sure you don't underestimate me, y/n."

xxx

The next day, At the park, 2:45 pm ,

"Y/N! Why would you accept such a challenge? You know that no one has ever beaten him, not even people close to his level." Miya complains,
"Yeah! What he said!" Reki says as he walks back and forth.
"You know that Reki got seriously injured just from what he said to Adam, you completely offended him! You know that if you don't back away now, you will probably die in that one single race!" Miya says as he grabs his skateboard.

What if Miya is right? What if I do end up being embarrassed in front of a crowd of people, that will be embarrassing... but at the same time, Adam needs to be proven wrong. He needs to realise his mistakes, whether he likes it or not.
You snapped out of your thoughts as you stood up,
"Langa, you recorded that race, right?" 
"Yeah." He handed over his phone to you,
"Cool, thanks." You flash a smile at him.
As you watch the video, you copy every move.
You try and learn all his tricks and turns.
You even learnt when he does his love hug.
Then, it was time to try and skateboard as fast as him, this won't be easy...

Miya's POV:

She's been at it for hours, its 6:23pm now. She keeps telling me how she's doing this because she want's to prove the idiot wrong, not because she wants to.
I know I'm supposed to be supporting her, and I am, it's just that I don't trust the fact that she is wasting all her energy on practicing. Y/n has to rest, her race is in less than 6 hours.
I have to tell her to stop, whether she will get mad at me or not, this is for her own well-being."

"Y/N-" I start,
"If you're here to tell me that I shouldn't go against hi-" 
"No, I fully respect your decision. It's just that I think you should rest for the race, otherwise, you will be drained of energy." I say.
"I guess you're right, thanks for caring!" She hugs me, she actually hugged me...
"W-Whatever." I blurt out as I go to grab my skateboard.
"Meet you here at 11!" She shouts as she skates away.
man, she's so precious.
I wish that I was better with all this romance stuff, because right now, I'm not sure whether she likes me as a friend or more. This is too confusing, I might ask someone for advice, but who?-

"What'cha thinking about?" Reki nudges me slightly, Langa by his side.
Should I ask them?...
"Reki... well... have you ever been in a relationship?"
I instantly regretted my choice of words.
"Are you asking for advice?" Langa walks towards me.
"W-What? NO!"
"I don't think Reki should be the one to talk to, he's never had a girlfriend." Langa laughs it off,
"Have you?" I ask Langa,
"I rejected them all."
"Idiot!" Reki bumps in again.
"I don't think I chose the right guys to talk to... y/n said to meet here at 11. Remember that." I say as I trail off on my skateboard, leaving Reki and Langa arguing about which one of them is more appreciated by women.