Chapter #17

Raiden fought the urge to look at me as we waited at the cash register. I laughed at his efforts to resist the urges he had, "Oh, come on, it can't be that hard to control yourself. All you have to do is ask," I said playfully as I winked at him.

He was cut short by the salesman in his slick black suit who stated the price of the item and then tapped his finger on the screen to confirm the purchase. Raiden pulled out a card from his wallet, and once the payment was done, we made our way back to the front doors and out of the store.

As we came around the corner of the building, Raiden reacted quickly and violently pulled my hip towards him. I hadn't understood why he did that until I came face to face with Beta Colton and Grace who were carrying large takeaways of dark red juice. I looked at Raiden sheepishly and he gave me a pointed look while one of the corners of his lips raised into a proud smile.

"I didn't hear them," I said shyly as I looked at the floor in embarrassment.

He chuckled softly, "That's why I'm here," he said and gave my hip a light squeeze.

I tensed up at the strength he wielded in his fingers and felt a muscle in my knee twitch. I swatted him away in an attempt to conceal the effect of his subtle touch, to which he only laughed at released his hold of me. It took Grace no time to recognize me and engulf me in a tight hug, which I took gingerly.

She smelled of sweet vanilla and wore a beautiful yellow dress. Grace giggled as she hugged me, "How are you?" she chirped as we continued to hug.

I laughed a little and hissed at the skin on my neck being pulled while we hugged, "Oh! Sorry!" Grace quickly took a step back and frowned at my wound. She winced at the sight of it, "Oh dear... but it looks much better than the last time," she nudged her mate, "right?" She asked him with a warm smile.

Beta Colton shook his head at his mate, "You are impossible," he said with a loving smile as his mate looked him admirably, "Yes, Tania, you look much better, how's this guy been treating you?" Colton asked me with a grin as he nodded in Raiden's direction.

I couldn't help but let out a little laugh at Raiden's gaped mouth, "What do you mean 'this guy', I'm not that bad!" Raiden piped as he complained and even managed to boast about his caring skills.

We all broke into laughs, and when we quieted down I thanked Colton for his concerns, "Yeah, he's a decent cook," I smiled at Raiden, who only rolled his eyes at me with a playful smile on his lips.

"Where are you guys heading to?" Colton asked as Grace drank her cold drink with a straw.

"Well, we just got a new showerhead, because... someone..." Raiden darted his gaze to me, "had been wilding in there."

I smacked Raiden's bicep, "The showerhead was old!" I protested desperately and Raiden only laughed harder.

"Yeah, and she wanted flowers, so we got those and then some fancy showerhead - they sent some guys up to replace it and I think we're going back home now..." Raiden gazed at me while he listed our journey's destinations, then quickly whipped his attention to Colton, "unless Madamemoiselle wants anything else," Raiden joked as he called me a young lady in French.

I was shocked at how well he pronounced his French and marveled at his facial features.

"Oh, cool. Will you be at the Initiation?" Colton asked his Alpha.

Raiden straightened himself out, "Of course, I am the Alpha King after all," he laughed as he rolled his shoulders to loosen up.

Colton laughed at his boast, "Yeah, so we'll see you there then?" he asked his Alpha.