Chapter #19

A gentle nudge woke me up from my nap. As I looked up, I saw Raiden looking at me with a warm smile and a curious look on his face as his golden orbs scanned over the features of my face.

I frowned at the excessive attention he had on me, "What?" I asked in a sleepy voice as I stretched my lazy muscles and yawned.

He chuckled as he let his head fall, "You're just so cute."

I immediately froze at the compliment and looked at him strangely before smiling cheekily and thanking him for it. As I took in my surroundings, I noticed the sun's last rays in their golden hour and I also took note that Raiden was already dressed up and smelled of old spice, mixed with his own distinct scent.

You smell so good... I thought as I stared at the ceiling in defeat. "Do we have to go soon?" I asked as I shifted my weight onto my elbows and turned my attention to him.

My Chooser nodded as he stood straight and then rolled the sleeves of his shirt with ease, "We should be there in about an hour or so, I hope that's enough time for you to get ready?" he asked.

I hummed, and then excused myself as I scurried away, "I'll be done in a bit!" I called from the top of the staircase with a huge grin plastered on my face. He grunted in response and I darted into the bathroom, giggling like I was back at the boarding school with my friends.

***

I had managed to wet my curls with a little bit of water so the mass of hair on my head wouldn't be frizzy, but curly instead, and I even added a bit of leave-in conditioner so that my coils would shine. After wrapping a towel around my frame, the healing wound on my neck caught my attention...

"What the hell...?" I frowned as I leaned over the counter so I could inspect it more closely in the reflection of the mirror as I wiped the mirror with a wet hand.

I was surprised to see that my wound had become a scar, and how much faster it was healing than I thought it would. I wiped the fogged-up mirror in the steamy bathroom with my palm once more, as I further examined my scar with utmost curiousity. My fingertips grazed over the ridge on my neck and I shuddered at the feeling, my towel came undone and it pooled at my naked ankles. At the idea of being naked, I shyly raised my foot to the back of my knee and played coy with myself. 

As my eyes fluttered shut, a flash of Raiden's reflection in the mirror appeared, and then disappeared as fast as it came. I gasped and whipped around to see nothing behind me but an empty bathroom and clouds of steam rolling out of the shower cubicle. I turned my head slowly as my gaze darted about the mirror's replication of the bathroom. I watched my shocked reflection with wide eyes, and then my gaze wandered down to my figure. As I watched my chest expand every time I breathed and then paid attention to the pink blushes of my nipples.

My firm abdomen quivered as I rested all my weight on one hip. I let my fingertips glide over my breasts and observed my nipples tighten as I shuddered once more.

I placed a gentle palm on my pelvis and pushed my stomach out, imitating a baby bump as I thought about my sister's pregnancy. It also made me wonder if I would ever have one of my own. An abrupt knock on the door startled me as I quickly shuffled away from the mirror, "Tania! Don't forget that you have been invited somewhere, and I think that if we take any longer, they might think you actually like me!" Raiden yelled on the other side of the door as I heard the smile in his smug tone.

Scoffing at the idea, I quickly picked up the towel at my feet and then wrapped it around me once more.

As I switched the lock and pulled the door open, a completely phone-distracted Raiden still hadn't noticed my appearance. I sighed melodramatically, which made my Chooser speak, but quickly came at a loss for words when he looked up from his screen, "Holy shit..." he said under his breath.