Chapter #2

I woke up to the sound of my alarm.

Swiping my finger across the screen, I switched off the music that played from my phone and sat up in my bed, taking in a deep breath and sighing out. I looked around the dark room and could hear the soft snores coming from Macy's direction. Pulling the blanket off my legs, I slipped out of bed and made my way across to the bathroom, where I switched on the dimmer lights of the room.

The first person to inhale a deep breath was Phoebe. She sat up on her bed, loose hairs from her bun were dancing about her head which made her look like an adorable sleepy sun. I smiled to myself, then stepped into the bathroom and washed my face.

I undid my hair from the bun I had forgotten to untie last night, and my curls tumbled from the top of my head and reached just above my shoulders.

I sighed, grabbing my hairbrush, which was in a short vase where Lily and Macy's were and began brushing my hair, which made it go from curly to fluffy. Being content with my reflection in the mirror, I turned around and giggled at Phoebe trying to get Lily to wake up by nudging her with her foot.

I laughed quietly and then looked around the room, still seeing all my friends and then noticed that none of them had woken up, I inhaled a deep breath, switched on the main lights of our dorm room which were much brighter.

Oh shit, I squinted at the bright light, "It's so bright..." I muttered to myself and then began to laugh, "Wake up you guys, it's timeee!" I sang. A sudden rush of excitement stirred with the happiness and joy I've been lacking the past week.

"What time is it?" Samantha asked, her voice muffled in her pillow.

"It's only five." I answered, "But come on, let's go. We need to head out for our famous run."

"Oh but it's not fun when we're not all her—"

Suddenly the dorm door burst open and we saw the familiar head of unbrushed curls bouncing about, and saw Tamy holding her hands up as she carried countless shopping bags. I screamed her name as I ran over to her "TAMYYYY!" opening my arms wide so that I could engulf her in a hug, and then Tamy laughed, "Hi!" She giggled.

"Wha—who's that?" Samantha squinted her eyes, then they rounded with realization, "OH MY GOD – TAMY!" She squealed and then ran over to us, and then my eyes grew wide as saucers and then she tackled us into a hug and we fell backwards. My head fell on one of Tamy's many shopping bags and we giggled at our piled bodies on the floor.

Tamy laughed with her and I winced a little when I touched my head, but then began giggling and nuzzling my cold nose into Tamy's shoulder. She squealed in return and I giggled even harder, "We missed you!" I said, kissing her cheek.

"Oh Tamy! Hi!" Mattie said, waving her hand frantically and then Valerie spoke, "Mattie stop pretending."

"Valerie!" Mattie exclaimed, "Let me be happy!"

"You can be that?" Valerie retorted, snickering at Mattie squinting her eyes at her.

"Oh my—Tamy!" Daphne squealed, then jumped and landed onto us. "How was the shoot, Tamy?!" She asked excitedly.

"Oh my goodness, we went to this desert place, and it was so hot! I was sweating the whole time!" She whined, "And the people were really rude, but they said that they got some really good pictures, so I hope it was worth it, cause I'm not going for another shoot again. It's too much work and I just wanted to sleep!" She cried.

I laughed, and then sat up, as did Samantha, and Daphne got off Tamy. Soon, we sat in a little circle, while the rest of the girls were getting ready. In the mornings, we usually wore sweatpants, a sports bra and a large t-shirt because we would have to change later anyways.