Chapter #6

I was rooted to the spot. Hearing that word come out of his mouth cut my breath short.

My eyes were glued to the endless rows of girls behind him as I watched them being hauled over his pack member's shoulders and carried away. While other girls squealed gleefully and jumped in the arms of the other males from the Alpha's pack, I remained still in fear that a sudden move would provoke him.

The Alpha King stalked me and came once more against my back.

Upon my cold body, I felt a pair of warm palms on my waist but the moment I felt them rest heavily on my skin, I tensed up.

"Relax..." He spoke lowly into my ear... I felt shivers run down my spine when more of the warmth from his body blanketed my back. I gulped fearfully when his large hands held me a little tighter. I felt weak in the knees as I still held my breath but it wasn't until I felt a pair of lips on my shoulder that I whipped my head around and locked gazes with his golden orbs. A short yet sharp intake of my breath stopped my breathing once more. I was stupefied by his appearance, but my wolf leaped with joy making my heart swell at the same time.

I watched as his hand rose to the side of my face, and lightly stroked my cheek. "What's your name?" He asked calmly in a deep voice.

My eyes were still glued on his face and I remained silent as I gave all my attention to the queasy feeling in my stomach.

"Hm?" He hummed lowly as his eyes came back to my own after they had ravaged my whole body.

"Tania," I said in a small voice.

"Tania..." He spoke my name like he tasted each letter. "I'm Alpha Raiden." He said in a smooth tone.

I looked down at my bare feet, watching how my legs had turned a little blue, "It's a pleasure to meet you..." I spoke quietly as I focused on not falling over at the feeling of his palm on my cheek.

I felt intimidation radiate from him and a sense of power came off of him in waves. Alpha Raiden continued to analyze my body and how I reacted to his touch, he even inhaled deeply when a breeze carried my scent over to him. It was almost as if he had gotten more from my body language than he did from my mouth.

"You'd get to know me better if you talked..." I mumbled, which made him step closer to me. His mouth came to my ear as he pressed a finger on my thigh and glided it up, making me I gasp to his touch. "We'll get to know each other in many other ways once we're together." He spoke softly into my ear, and just as I was going to lean into his touch, he ripped himself away from me and took in a deep breath before he closed his eyes.

Probably trying to keep his wolf calm, I thought smugly to myself.

"I would like to call upon all students from Great Lakes High!" his voice boomed across the field, and the tension in the air grew as everyone awaited his next words, "I have found my mate!" He said, looking at all the eyes glued upon him, then he looked at me.

I felt my heart drop in my stomach and now something shifted in me. My wolf stirred with pride at the sight of her mate, and I felt uneasy that she was so accepting so soon. I felt like she already had it all. Granted, I wished I could feel the same about my... mate, but... I didn't know him well enough to tell if he deserves my respect just yet. For now, however, I would settle on being polite.

"She will be coming with me today!" He roared.

My train of thought immediately cut short when I heard his clear voice exploding on the field.

"What?" I asked him in disbelief.

He took three steps towards me and closed the distance between us, "We leave..." he spoke in my ear, "... tonight." He leaned back a little so he could see my face, "You'll have enough time to say your goodbyes." He said calmly.