Chapter #13

We set off in the direction of the commotion and as I clutched onto Aiden, he carried both our weights as we hurried back. After making one turn, then another, we heard Raiden yelling and growling threateningly at all the nurses trying to approach him.

"Where is my mate?!" He roared.

"Alpha Raiden, she was in her r—"

He spun on his heel, "Yes, well she isn't there! So where is my mate? Tell me before I—"

"I'm here!" I spoke as clearly as I could.

Before he struck, he turned away from the nurse and when his eyes fell upon me, he was speechless.

"Tania..." He sighed in disbelief and rushed towards me.

I unknowingly cowered into Aiden's side, which made Raiden falter in his step. His relief was briefly confused by my reaction, but he nevertheless approached me and brought his hand out to my face. The moment it came into contact with my cheek, it was by instinct that I then pressed my cheek further into his large palm. Aiden slowly unwind his arm from my side and Raiden quickly collected my small figure, he was cut off before he managed to say anything.

"Alpha Raiden, if you don't mind, Luna Tania must be tended to. You are welcome to join while we treat her."

Raiden nodded and follow Aiden through the cafeteria, where he cast a deadly silence over the patients of the hospital. It felt odd to have all eyes on us, on him and as he walked with me in his arms, his body heat up and I felt his hold on me tighten.

***

We were in the room, and after my wound was inspected, Dr. Brenda walked in, her lab coat flying as she stepped.

"Luna Tania," she bowed her head, and then greeted Raiden. She cleared her throat before she spoke and flipped through her folder, "So she has been recovering well, but I'm afraid her lab results are proving not to be so promising anymore,"

Raiden cut her off, "Well is there anything we can do? A treatment maybe?" his voice was etched with worry and it made my heart clench to see the first signs of vulnerability.

Dr. Brenda shook her head slowly, then took in a sobering breath, "Raiden..." she said his name like they knew each other more personally, "You have to stay with her as much as you can, you being close to her means she has higher chances of healing, you know this from the last t—" she paused mid sentence and her eyes rounded with worry before she quickly covered up her slip up. "She needs to be around you, as much as you do around her."

"Can we speak outside?" Raiden asked the Pack Healer.

Dr. Brenda stepped aside and followed right out the room, onto the small terrace and closed the sliding glass doors. The words interchanged between them sounded muffled and I tried tapping into my wolf senses but it came to a dead end with every try.

"Um, Aiden?" I asked, looking to the side.

"Yeah?"
"I can't feel my wolf." I panicked.

"Oh no..." He pushed off the counter, "Okay, don't panic, this is normal and..." he didn't finish his sentence as he pulled open the doors. Only then did I realize how upset Raiden looked at whatever it was that she told him.

Aiden announced the news, and Raiden looked at me with worry and anger wading in his golden orbs. Dr. Brenda rushed to my side, and pushed my face to the side, "How long has this been going on?" She asked.

I looked at Raiden unsurely, feeling my chest blossom with heat, "I—since this morning." I said.

"Raiden, you must take her somewhere you can both be alone but not too far from here, I will need to keep a close eye on her, and you have to start helping her heal." Her orders were crystal clear and while it comforted me that there was an answer to my condition, it didn't settle the burning question I had: what happened to me?