Chapter #3

We woke up the next day and Yasmine said she had to leave before midday.

As we ate breakfast, Yasmine was telling me about some guy that Avery had recently begun to text.

"Okay, so," she munched on her toast, "He's nice and all, but I think she gets attached too quickly, and I don't want her to get hurt, you know?" she spoke with her mouthful and then took another bite into her toast.

"Yeah..." I said thoughtfully, as I ate cereal while I scrolled through my phone.

After a few moments of silence, Yasmine shrugged, "But I'm sure she knows what she's doing, and we'll be there for her if anything, so it's fine."

I set my phone down on the table, "Yeah..."

"But you know what?" Yasmine pointed her finger to the sky with the new idea that came to her.

I smiled warmly at her, "What?"

"There's this girl in my class, and she talks to so many guysss!" she whined dramatically.

I laughed cheekily as I waited for her to keep talking.

"Tania," She said my name seriously, in an attempt to stop me from laughing, because I knew the funny part was coming.

"Hm?" I laughed even harder

"The thing is, she thinks all of these guys like her," she said.

Here it comes, I prepared myself to laugh.

"And like, just because a guy's flirting with you, it doesn't mean you're pretty. When you're hungry even cabbage is delicious." She piped.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!" I barked out a laugh as I held my stomach and banged the tabletop.

She started laughing as well, and I had tears in my eyes, "Oh my g—Hahahaha! I'm dead, I'm dead, I can't breathe." I wheezed, "Cabbage?!" and we were lost in a frenzy of giggles.

***

"So what are you doing today?" Yasmine asked as we got ready in my room.

I was changing out of my pajamas, as she had just come out of the shower with a towel on her head and another wrapped around her body.

"Umm, I'm supposed to go to Valerie's for a sleepover. I guess we're just gonna talk about Judgment Day and just..." I looked in the distance as my thoughts wandered off to the sombre idea, "... accepting that one of us might get taken." I mustered a small smile as I tried being optimistic about the whole thing.

"Do you think you might get picked?" Yasmine asked.

I shook my head, going back to digging into my drawers, "No, I don't think I will." I said, "I mean... the only thing that would be having any wolf's attention is that bra and underwear set we bought yesterday."

"Yeah, if I were a guy, I'd have my eyes glued on that ass," she said as she eyed my butt comically.

"Yasmine!" I gasped, "How can you say that?!" I faked a dramatic expression of shock, "You know we've been lovers from the moment I laid eyes on your beautiful nose!"

She proceeded to laugh, and we went back to packing our stuff as I smiled at the fun relationship I had with Yasmine. As I packed my clothes for the weekend, I gave Yasmine a longing look, I'm going to miss her so much... she understands me so well...

I didn't understand why I was thinking this at first, but then I remembered that by the end of this school year, I would be gone anyways... I would have to switch schools if I didn't find my mate this year.