Chapter #18

The feeling of his chest pressed against my wet shirt made my heart pound so hard against my ribcage. I was sure he felt it too, because of how gently he kissed my neck before my heart rate picked up and he pushed his lips more urgently against my flesh. My breathing grew shallow, and my hands slid over the smooth skin of his back. I gulped as he shuddered at the feeling of my nails gently dragging over his hot skin.

He continued to slowly kiss my neck and gave it gentle bites as he licked my healing wound. I wanted to speak, but no words left my mouth. Instead, I licked my lips and bit down on my bottom lip as I enjoyed this fleeting bliss. My mind drew to a blank as all my thoughts came to a stop and I only managed to focus on the movements of his lips against my skin. He groaned as his hands stopped at my waist and then he yanked me closer to him, making my head fall back in arousal.

In my head, I chanted a plea to be released from this torture but I couldn't let him hear me beg for affection like this.

Raiden held a firm but gentle grip on my neck. Contrary to what I thought my first 'intimate encounter' with my mate would be like, I was not afraid. I felt an exciting rush of adrenaline in place of fear, and Raiden seemed to have picked up on the faint pheromones that my body oozed through its pores. My Chooser muttered an incomprehensible string of words as he also breathed heavily when he kneaded my hips and fought the urge to ravage me the way he truly wanted to.

I let out a soft whimper and Raiden instantly froze. His lips ripped themselves from my skin, and he stared me dead in the eyes. His golden orbs washed over to pitch black and back to their warm hazelnut tones. I gulped as he stared at my lips once more, but Raiden didn't notice the effect he had on me, he absorbed all of my features as I remained fascinated by his facets. Raiden didn't move a muscle. 

I wished I could say something that would put an end to it, but I was torn between my pride and glory, and our on-going game of Instinct.

It took me only a few seconds to finally decide my next move. I pulled Raiden close to me, and let my gaze fall on his sculpted body. He squared his jaw and once I looked up from his naked body, he raised an eyebrow at my curious gaze. I wasn't afraid, but my mouth felt ironically dry despite us being under the pouring water of the new showerhead. I slowly chewed my lips and let him watch the part of my body that he most wanted me to touch him with.

My Chooser didn't know how to act. He was fighting the impulse to hold my pulsing throat in his palm, to which I let my jaw part my lips slightly open, as I too raised an intimidating eyebrow at him.

"See something you like?", my Chooser asked cockily as he watched my every move to taunt him into action.

"See something you want?" I asked as my shirt continuously turned seethrough under the water, and Raiden couldn't help but look down at my cleavage...

Although there isn't much to see, but... at least I had him interested in me, I tried patting my own ego.

I fougth the laugh that wanted to explode out of my mouth at his reaction to my words and body. Instead, I let my lips pull into a smirk.

"Are you saying you're not already mine?" He asked me as he loomed his unnerving figure over me.

However, I stood my ground and pressed my front against his, "My unmarked neck is proof enough of the amount of effort you will have to put into even having the thought of me being yours," I spoke smoothly and Raiden's jaw began to tick.

"You don't like that?" I mocked him as I pouted my lips and squeezed his cheeks in my hand. I giggled at his squished face. A sudden rush of confidence came over me, and I placed a palm flush against his naked chest. Raiden let out a desperate breath as he fought the desire to be closer to me, but him losing control would mean he would lose our game and I don't think he is ready to give up just yet. I let my fingers drag over the tight skin of his chest as I snuck a glance at his face with every second my fingertips descended his abdomen as I reached the waistband of his shorts where I took notice of an impressive bulge.