Chapter #16

His words made it very hard for me to contain my giddiness and I unwittingly acted true to my emotions.

As we walked down a cobblestone street, I began to walk with a little skip in my step as we held hands like high school kids. He looked over his shoulder and found it very hard not to smile at the huge grin I had on my face. He admitted in defeat, as he didn't manage to shoo away the chuckle that escaped his lips.

"Be careful with your wound, Tania," he said with a smile in his voice.

My chest blossomed with glee, and I smiled happily at my effect on him and at the fact that he was watching out for me. Once I had caught up to his pace, I slowed down and walked at the same speed as him. We made a turn to the right, and I almost bumped into something, "Oh sorry, Ma'am, I-" my sentence cut short when I realized that I had bumped into a very much plastic mannequin dressed as a woman.

Raiden barked out a laugh, and I blushed profusely as I looked down at my feet after steadying the mannequin. My neck felt hot with embarrassment and I childishly slapped his shoulder, "Raiden, I could have hurt someone!" I whined playfully.

He laughed a little harder and I began to giggle along with him, "You're so mean..." I wanted to pout, and he only tugged my hand towards him as we continued walking to our next destination on today's adventure. The day was getting warmer, and right when I was about to complain that my feet hurt, he sighed in relief, "I thought I forgot where it was," he confessed.

I laughed at his silliness and took the time to absorb my surroundings. We had made it to a classy French café with black and white checkered bistro chairs, all with smoothly framed curves. The chairs were paired with round wooden tables, which were scattered across the café's cool veranda, and right across the street was a flower shop. A finger tapped my shoulder, and I flinched at the thought that they tapped me a little too close to my wound, "Tania? Are you okay?" He asked me with sincerity in his eyes.

"Huh? Oh! Yes, I just- the flowers," I pointed at the boutique across the quiet street, "they're nice." I stammered and cursed at myself for blushing at the sight of his eyes.

A smile on his face grew, and he let out a small laugh, "Come on," he said warmly as he placed his palm on the small of my back. We followed the waiter, who gave us a comfortably quiet spot in one of the veranda's corners. Flowery vines spilled over their support platform, as they burst with color. Despite it being a French café, it also had the faint air of a Greek seaside restaurant, with white walls, and flowers practically exploding as they blossomed to their full capacity.

"Here we are," the waiter set our table and promptly brought us menus.

When I opened the menu and read through the morning's offers, my eyes went wide as saucers, "Raiden!" I whispered urgently.

He looked up from his menu, and I almost fainted on the spot.

His eyes, I groaned at the sight of them. They made it so hard for me to look at anything else and before I got too distracted, he hummed in response, "Raiden, I didn't bring any money." I confessed as I began to deduce a plan to go back to the cottage and come back and resume our wonderful outing.

He rolled his eyes and glared at me playfully, "Do I look like the kind of person that won't pay for a lady?"

I deadpanned, "Do I look like the kind of lady that expects her bill to be paid for her?"

He was at a loss for words, but coolly brushed it off, "You're never going to be paying for another damned thing in your life, what's mine is yours."

My heart fluttered, but I didn't let that show on my face, "Yes, but-"

"No buts. I don't want you telling me we've only known each other a few days, I'm paying." Conversation closed.