Chapter #9

I switched the light off immediately and my heart pounded against my chest.

No way, I thought in disbelief. 

My head turned around slowly, and I saw a figure sleeping peacefully beside me.

And I was asleep all this time?! I cursed myself for being such a lightweight, if I weren't I would have remembered everything...

That thought made me wonder if we did do anything? Did he touch me? Did I comply? As much as I didn't want to admit it, I felt drawn to him. It's like the moment I locked eyes with him, something changed in the two of us.

I shook my thoughts away. I slowly pulled the blanket over me and lay back in bed, with my head on the pillow as I stared at him... His curls were scrunched, some were so tightly curled that they looked like they were about to spring out at any moment. My breathing got deeper the longer I gazed at his face and then focused on his lips.

The distance between us made me want to scoot closer to him. It didn't help either that in a few days I would fall in heat. As my mind wandered to what it would be like to feel the warmth that radiated from his body, I felt my core thump softly as I thought of our entangled bodies. Truth be told, I really didn't know much about kissing or boys. Most of my 'experience' came from books and gossip at school. I often found myself daydreaming about these things and then realized I hadn't paid any attention in class, then I would spend long nights re-writing Maths notes from Eva's notebook.

In some book I read, she hopped onto his waist as he slept, kissed his neck softly, and then his lips to which he woke up and moaned at the feeling. The vulnerability of waking up had him growing a boner in less than five minutes, to which he held her hips in an iron grip and ground her core against his boner. She'd feel a twist in her stomach, that would only motivate her to push herself against him, feverishly kissing until she begins to feel his chest burning beneath her palms and sh—

"Whatever it is you're thinking about, stop it. I can smell it." A deep voice mumbled, cutting my train of thought.

I frowned, "And how would you know what I'm thinking we haven't even—"

"I can smell you from here," he retorted, "and if you continue, I'm not going to be able to control myself or my wolf. So pick your poison." He muttered sleepily.

Well, now I really wanted to tease him as I had read in all those books.

***

A knock came at the door and I froze in the mirror, holding a towel against my wet body.

"Yeah?" I answered in an innocent voice.

The voice sounded muffled through the door, "Are you almost done?"

I rolled my eyes, as I hurriedly dried myself, "Yeah, just a second." I grumbled.

We had ended up falling asleep some more after I woke us up, and then I decided to take a shower. Unlocking the door as I stepped out of the bathroom and into the bedroom once more, I looked at how casually he was dressed. In a pair of grey Nike basketball shorts, a white shirt, and black sneakers.

"Um..." He started, as his sentence fell short from staring at my bare thighs.

"I'm almost done." I grabbed some clothes and hurried back into the bathroom. A smile crept on my face and I quickly put on my clothes, which consisted of a white thin-strapped tank top, a pair of ripped jean shorts, and sandals. As I came out of the steaming bathroom, I began to dry the rest of my hair, without bothering to comb my curls out.

"Ready?" I asked him as I place my towel on the bed.