Chapter #11

I bolted out the car and dashed into the woods.

From a short distance behind me, I heard a howl pierce the sky and as scary as it all was, I smiled wildly. Pushing myself to run even faster, I whizzed passed trees and leaped over the fallen trees of this part of the forest.

With adrenaline pumping through my veins, I didn't bother looking behind me or listening for the sound of footsteps because part of me knew he wouldn't stop until he caught me. I came to a stop when I reached a clearing, and breathed in and out deeply as I leaned against a tree. I placed my hands on my knees, and focused on slowing my breathing down. Through the whole in the canopy, I looked up at the tumbling clouds in the sky and how the lightning flickered a reflection against them before thundering rumbled.

The sudden snap of a branch had me on high alert once more. It was followed by another crackle and the sent that wafted in the air made it obviously clear that it was Alpha Raiden.

There isn't a single wolf dumb enough to place himself upwind, unless they did it on purpose, I thought back to my training at the boarding school.

I snickered, before I pushed of the tree trunk and kicked dirt with my bare feet. As I continued running through the forest, my body slammed into something hard and I fell onto the dry bed of leaves littering the ground.

I scrambled onto my two feet and headlights suddenly switched on right in front of me. In the split second I was blinded for, I used my hand to shield my sensitive eyes. There was rustling around, but my attention snapped to the man that hopped out of the car. His scent was everywhere the moment he stepped out of his car making it clear he was an Alpha, as his silhouette walked towards me confidently, a knife's blade flashed in his palm.

I began taking several scared steps back, "Please, I'm sorry, I didn't know I was on your territory, I—"

"She's with me Theo!" A voice boomed and the silhouette in front of me took a few steps back.

My gaze snapped to the right as I saw my to-be mate walking out of the shadows with a furious look on his face. Strangely enough, it wasn't directed to me. When he closed the distance between them, he bristled at the alpha. The stared each other down until Alpha Theo backed down, "Alright, alright, it was my mistake." He put his hands up in surrender.

As thunder crackled above our heads, Raiden looked up at the sky and rolled his eyes.

"What is it?" His voice held authority that made my stomach twist.

The man in front of us paused for a second, before he collected himself, and plastered a smile on his face as he bowed and royally brought his hand out, "Good evening, my name is Theo. Alpha Theo." He corrected himself. A little unsure, I looked at Raiden as if to ask if it were okay for me to take his hand. Raiden nodded simply.

I slipped my hand into his palm, and he kissed it gently.

After greeting me so courteously, I let my hand fall to my side as we waited for the next words to leave his mouth.

"Alpha Raiden! It's been too long!" He greeted Raiden with a much more apologetic tone, and a polite grin.

"Not long enough..." Raiden muttered under his breath.

Alpha Theo chuckled at his reply, "Oh, but I bet she's been keeping your mind off things, who is this? New conquest?" he licked his lips, kissed his teeth and raised his eyebrows, as he looked me up and down.

At his comment, Raiden bristled, "Watch your tongue alpha, she is to be the Queen Luna of my pack," he said through gritted teeth.

Alpha Theo was taken aback, "Oh dear! Your Highness, I am terribly sorry, it's just, you didn't look how I expected you to look,"