Chapter #8

My eyes fluttered open as light streamed through the large windows of the hotel room I was meant to share with my Chooser.

For a brief moment, I was confused by my whereabouts, until everything hit me like a truck. As soon as it all came back to me and I managed to make some sense out of the events that had occurred last night, a heavy weight weighed upon my chest.

It made me upset that we had fought; I guess we didn't start on the right foot. An angry frown caused folds between my eyebrows as I sat up on my bed and looked around the empty room.

He's not back, I thought sadly to myself but masked it as anger.

I sighed, knowing I shouldn't have taken his promise seriously.

I angrily threw the blanket off me, and as I started getting ready, I also started speaking to myself, "What else should I expect from some high riding alpha?" I asked myself as I changed into a red summer dress that lifted with the slightest breeze. I wiggled into the dress, and tied the front of it, buttoning up the rest of the bodice, and then shortly stared at myself in the mirror.

My dress ended just above my knees, and it was the kind of dress you wore without a bra because it was fitted so closely to your skin. Its soft material was also a little thin, so if it did get cold... one would be able to tell.

I tied my curls into a loose bun and left the silver studs in my ears.

Just as I was about to feel some sort of contentment with my dress, I remembered why and how I was in this hotel room in the first place. I marched over to the bed and pulled out a pair of black wedge heels that I tied the straps of around my ankles. I stuffed my old clothes back into my bag and stomped over to the door, as I mumbled to myself, "He probably slept with more she-wolves in my school, and now he makes me a dumb promise and I actually thought he wou—"

The door swung open and I almost lost my footing, I was at a loss for words; there he was. He was stunned by our sudden encounter, and looked like he had just come out of the shower, "Good morning Tania I didn't think you'd be a—"

"It's fine." I cut him off, bumping into his shoulder on purpose, as I pushed him to the side and marched down to the reception.

"What did I do?!" He yelled from behind me.

I shook my head, rolled my eyes, and glanced back at him "Nothing! Nothing at all..." I said the last part to myself and kept walking as I hauled my bag over my shoulder.

I heard a door slam and flinched at the cloud 'clack' and assumed he would be packing his stuff with smoke coming out his ears.

A greeting at the reception startled me, "Good morning Luna," they said warmly.

"Oh! Jesus... Hi." I smiled quickly and kept walking towards the SUVs that were parked at the entrance.

"Everything all right?" Beta Colton asked as he hurried after me.

I huffed as I hoisted the bag on my shoulder once more, "Yes. Beta Colton, everything is just fine." I said through gritted teeth, forcing a sweet smile when I looked at him.

He chuckled a bit, "I suppose Raiden wasn't the warmest welcome in bed?" He smiled a small smile.

"That would be an understatement." I countered.

Beta Colton was about to say something else until the large entrance doors of the hotel burst open and a seething Alpha was breathing heavily and looked very angry. I turned away and made my way around the car, the trunk was already popped open and I threw my bag in there. As I made my way around to the seat behind the driver's side, another member of the pack opened the door for and I thanked them as I hopped in.