Chapter #24

Our jaws remained clamped on our necks as we breathed heavily into the warm air under the shelter of the straw roof. Raiden shuddered and unintentionally bit me even harder. I gasped, immediately releasing his neck from my fangs. He moaned as he tightly shut his eyes, released a calming breath, and retracted them from my neck. 

I laid still for a few moments and blankly stared at the roof. 

"What's wrong?" a sudden voice spoke in my head. 

My eyes widened, and I shuffled to the headboard as I scrambled away from him. As I pulled my knees to my chest, he looked at me questionably. 

"I..." I breathed, "I just... I didn't think it would happen so fast." 

He searched my eyes for more words, but I stared at him wondrously but also with a bit of fear. I gulped, not really knowing what will happen now, and I felt something leak between my legs.

Raiden's eyes immediately darted to my crossed ankles, and I just pulled my knees closer to my chest. "Are you okay?" his brows pulled into a concerned frown. 

My chest felt hollow, and I didn't understand why, "Yes, I mean. I don't know, I feel a bit scared. I know what happened, but I don't think I have accepted it."

Raiden's lips turned upside down, but he shook his head and tried smiling, "Tania, how about we get cleaned up. I think you're tired."

I gulped and nodded at his suggestion. As I stood up, I covered my boobs and walked to the en-suite bathroom. I pulled the smoked glass door shut. Lights immediately came on and I stared at my reflection, arms wrapped around my chest, and a smile pulled at the corner of my lips. I grinned, but I wanted to cry at the same time. I was so confused. A very intimate part of me was suddenly exposed, and I couldn't understand how something that felt so natural could feel wrong as well. 

Refusing to let my thoughts dampen this new experience, I decided against the outdoor shower because of the storm. 

***

Once clean, I used the complimentary toiletries and brushed my teeth. I came into the room with a plush white robe on. Raiden had a towel wrapped around his waist. His head turned to me and immediately got up, "Can I shower?" he asked nicely. 

I hummed with an eager nod and stepped to the side to let him pass. As he passed me, I took in a deep breath to smell his scent, and he purposely bumped into me then let out a chuckle, "Stop falling in love with me."

"I-" I was at a loss for words, and all I could do was let out my own small chuckle. 

***

It felt like he took years in there, and I just pulled the blanket tighter over me as I stared at the light passing through the smoked bathroom glass. 

The banda was now dimly lit by the soft glows of the bedside lamps. It was difficult to find sleep, and when I heard Raiden's bones crack, I thought he almost shifted.

"Raiden, are you okay?" I quickly asked, already getting out of bed. 

The door suddenly opened, and Raiden stood in a pair of black briefs with a white waistband hanging low on his lips. I compared that to the large t-shirt and short shorts I had on and suddenly felt like I should have worn more to keep any of our skin from touching.  

"I am. It's just my toothbrush that fell," he said calmly as he switched the bathroom lights off. Suddenly, everything felt more intimate. 

Oh... I slowly pulled my legs back in bed, under the blanket and he walked around its frame. Now on his side, Raiden pulled the blankets and made himself comfortable. I had my back turned to him, and had it not been for the raging thunder, and the storm shaking the trees in all directions, he would have heard my pounding heart.