Exes and Ohs

You took what you had dubbed 'The Scenic Route' back home in an attempt to blow off some steam. You were mad, but really you had no reason to be. You actually think you're more mad at yourself for feeling this way than mad at Gonner.

Heavy footfall comes from behind you and you perk up, turning, expecting to see Gonner chasing after you, but instead seeing your ex boyfriend. He stops just in front of you and bends over with his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. "Y/N..." he huffs, "I've barely seen you at school..."

"I wonder why that is," you reply grumpily, crossing your arms, "What do you want?"

He looks up at you, pleadingly, "I think you should take me back, we were good together."

"Good together? I think you mean 'comfortable'. I was nothing more than a toy for you, you never gave me any respect and you let your buddies ridicule me." You fixed him with a glare, "Let me guess, Dixie is hanging off of Gunnar these days and you feel lonely now?"

He looked to the left, avoiding your eyes, face riddled with shame, confirming your statement.

You look into his eyes and frown, turning back around to walk away, "No, I don't trust you," you say, giving him one last look over the shoulder, "In fact, I don't trust any of you at that damned school. You're all- all entranced by her or something! I'm sorry, but we're over indefinitely. Oh! And y'know what? Lose my number."

You leave him, dejected, in the dust.

---

You sit on your bed with a PS5 controller in your hands before sighing and pausing your game, laying it down beside you. 'I wonder what Gonner is doing right now...' you think, 'I wonder where he even lives.'

A strange noise from outside your window makes you stand up and walk over, peering out. You see Dixie standing along the tree line before slipping into the forest.

'That's not ominous at all...' runs through your mind as you slip off of bed and pull your shoes onto your feet. 'I'm sick and tired of your shenanigans, Dixie. Time to prove I'm not insane.'