Discoveries

It was tough, following the goth girl through the forest without alerting her to your presence. She seemed to know her way around which also put you at a total disadvantage. 

Eventually she came to a stop in a small clearing and you perched low to the ground, peering at her through the bushes. She was alone, it seemed, just as a ghostly figure apparated in front of Dixie. The apparition was jittery, twitchy and impatient.

"Did you find him?" the ghost asked, fangs peeking from her mouth. Only her top-half was visible, her bottom-half fading into nothingness.

Dixie crossed her arms and tilted her head, "No. I keep trying to find you replacements too but you're never happy! I've broken up so many relationships trying to help you out!"

The apparition shook her head and turned away, "Well, if you can't find him then I guess our deal is over, Dixie," she hissed out the last word with distaste.

"Wait!" Dixie attempted to grab the other girl's arm, but her hand just went through her body. "Wait another few weeks, please, Piroska. A new boy came to school, his name is Gunnar, I'll bring him here and that means you don't have to drop the spell!"

The ghost girl, Piroska, laughed darkly in Dixie's face. "Wow, you really are desperate, hm? It's a shame you have to get a spell to make people like you, you must be a drab and annoying person to others without it," she sneered. "Fine! Bring this Gunnar guy here soon, and I'll keep the spell up. But don't stop looking for Gonner in the meantime, okay? I'd rather have him than some boring high schooler."

Dixie nodded, agreeing, as the ghost began to fade away, leaving the goth in the clearing all by herself again.

'A spell... so I was right!' you think, 'There was something weird going on.'

You cup your hands over your mouth to make your breathing quieter as Dixie walks past you, back toward the town. You let out a sigh of relief and smile, happy that you were finally able to put reason behind your paranoia.

A few minutes of silence passed, peeking your head over a bush to make sure Dixie had left, when two spindly hands press against your shoulders. You struggle to muffle the yell, turning around, prepared to hit the culprit. Gonner sits, crouched behind you, with a cheeky grin plastered on his face, "Ahoy!"