Dog Person

"Sit, D/N!" You order, sighing in frustration as the puppy turns around and bounds in the opposite direction, jaws snapping at a fly that had come through your open window. "Urgh!"

You had brought him home a few hours ago, and your mother was less than impressed. She told you that you'd have to work extra hard for pocket money to provide for D/N, else she'd take him to the pound. She was not going to help with the expenses. It wasn't surprising, you hadn't expected any less from her.

You put your head in your hands just as the sound of something light hitting the side of your house catches your attention. Turning to your open window, you see a shoddily-made grappling hook that tightens and hits your wall. You look alarmed, and D/N begins barking. You move to close the window on the rope, but then a yell startles you.

"Oi! Ye better not be closin' that window!" 

Immediately, at the sound of that all-too-familiar voice, you slump in relief. Poking your head out the window to look down, you see your favourite zombie scaling the wall recklessly. He seemed to be in a rush, panicking at the idea of you locking him out. "I dunno, it's getting kinda chilly in here!" You jest loudly, just enough for him to hear you. His breathing becomes laboured and you hear the clacking of his shoes against the wall before one of his spindly hands grasps onto the window ledge, pulling his whole body through.

Smirking down at him, you put your hands on your hips. "I wasn't gonna just close it on you, y'know. I thought you trusted me more than that by now."

The pirate looks up from his hunched over position before standing back up straight, becoming his usual towering height. "Are ye forgettin' I came from the seven seas? Me life was full 'a mutiny and traitors."

"But we aren't there right now! Although..." you turn to the puppy, and Gonner follows suit, seeing the animal growling at it's own tail, "...Speaking of traitors. The little furball hasn't been listening to anything I've said."

"...Are ye sure I can't just have a wee nibble?" The redhead suggested, cowering back as you turn to him with a glare. "Jokin'! Well, what are ye tryin' to get him to do?"

You facepalm, "I'm just trying to get him to sit. The basics. But it's like he can't even hear me! Maybe he's deaf, and the vet overlooked it?"

Gonner rubbed at his chin and hummed for a moment, walking over to D/N and kneeling down beside the dog. He reached out and gave the dog one singular, awkward pad on the head before staring at him. "Sit, laddie."

D/N's behind hit the floor immediately.

"I- WHAT-? YOU-...????" You flailed your arms about uselessly, mouth hanging open.

Gonner only sniggers and pets D/N more, "Good Sea Dog! Arr; why, you could be me loyal companion while I set sail, D/N! I've never had meself a pet before!" The zombie moved his hand to scratch under the wolfdog's chin, but pulls back his arm when D/N decided to nibble on his index finger, snapping it off. It served as a reminder that Gonner truly was undead. "...I'm gonna need that back."

You clear your throat and the pirate stands up once more, turning to you. He was holding his injured hand up to his chest, and was attempting to re-attach his finger as you began to speak, "So, uh, why'd you come here?"

He beams proudly once his finger fits back into place, giving it a test wiggle. "Well, ye left so suddenly with the mutt, ye could say I was a bit... worried." He seemed embarrassed admitting it, turning his freckle-y face away from you. "It's just... odd. I feel like we were meant to meet that day in the woods." His big brown eyes glanced at you and then away again, "Argh, forget it. I don't think before doin' things. It's late, I should go."

You wanted to stop him from leaving, but you also knew he was right. It was incredibly late, and you should've gone to bed hours ago if you expected a decent sleep. "Yeah, okay. But Gonner? You know you can visit anytime, right? As long as my mom doesn't see you."

Gonner grinned and tipped his hat at you before going back to the window and descending the rope. You glared playfully at D/N, ruffling his ears, "You're such a rascal! I don't blame you though, I like Gonner too."