Protective

TW:// Emotional abuse (not by Gonner!).

Heidi gives you a worried glance and leans into the table to mumble quietly, "It's.. your ex. He's coming over here."

"...Oh no." You hide your head in the palms of your hands and groan, "He'll probably just walk by."

"Mmm, nope, he's walking directly toward us," Erin cringed, sharing a glance with Heidi. "What do we do?"

"Just stay here, if he tries something I'll deal with it," you reply, sighing.

Gonner's eyebrows shoot up and he turns around just as your ex stops right beside the table, laying his hands down on it. "Y/N," he says, but you don't look up at him defiantly. This frustrates him and he looks ready to slam his fists down but refrains as to not cause a scene, "Y/N, I tried being nice to you that other night, I've been nothing but kind to you and that's how you repay me?"

"Nice to me up until you cheated on me with Dixie..." You grumble, still refusing to look at him. 

"Ye...!" Gonner pushes himself up from his chair, puffing his chest out. He was taller than your ex by a head and glared down at him, but he was also far more frail than the guy you used to call boyfriend. "Ye're the one who cheated on Y/N?!"

"You're the new kid, right?" Your ex frowns right back at the zombie, "Do yourself a favour and don't interact with Y/N. You make one mistake and she'll hold it over your head," he glared at you from over Gonner's shoulder before looking back at the pirate, "Guys have to stick together, right? You get it."

Gonner growled and pulled up his sleeves, "Mistake?!" He got up in your ex's face and you leapt from your chair, pulling him back by the shoulders.

"It's not worth it Go- er- Gunnar!" You panic, as your other classmates turn to look in your direction. "Leave him. He's not worth you getting into trouble over!"

"He might not be... but ye are," Gonner mumbles before sighing and dropping himself back down into his seat in defeat. "Alright, alright. Just..." he glares at your ex once more, "Get outta here before I do something I regret."

Despite how tough he was acting, your ex immediately turns and speed-walks in the opposite direction. It appears the commotion went further than he had anticipated and made him decide it wasn't worth it. Gonner is staring down at the table dejectedly and you place a hand over his under the table, softening when he gave you a sad smile.