1. Moving Back

This is not the first time I'm going to South Korea. I finished my schooling in India and then went to Seoul National University when I was eighteen and came back to India when I was twenty-two. Although I came here to study Economics , I developed my interest in writing and also discovered my orator skills after coming to Seoul. I also started learning Korean when I was in Seoul. Now, I'm flying back to Seoul, and I'm twenty-six and a successful writer and a renowned speaker.
I went to my friend Hayley's place. I have known her since University and we have been close friends since then. Hayley was a doctor and she was the same age as me, we shared a very sweet bond.
Hayley welcomed me with a burst of joy on her face.
"Sriiiii-shaaa babyyyy, welcome back!" She almost screamed while closing the door.
"I missed you so much Hayley" we hugged.
"That's your room. Freshen up and then let's go have dinner." She pointed out to the room.
"Twenty minutes please. "
I headed towards the room and freshened up into a fresh and comfy pair of clothes. I called my parents up to update them. All the other luggages will be arriving tomorrow at my new apartment and I will also have to go and look out for some things. I hired some professional help to get things done quickly.
I went out to dinner with Hayley and walked around a little and came back home and slept.
We both woke up at 5am the next day. I took a shower and did some work and made breakfast for both of us. I love cooking and Hayley loves eating the food I make. We both ate breakfast.
''Sri, I gotta go. Have a nice day" Hayley said walking out of the apartment.
"Good Luck"
Soon after I got a cab headed towards my apartment. It had three rooms, a living room, two bathrooms and a kitchen. It was a beautiful apartment with a lot of medium for sunlight to pass through. It was bigger than I expected from the photos. I was looking through the place and my professional help arrived.
"Annyeonghaseyo. Thank you for helping me with my apartment. "
"Hello Srisha. I'm Lee Seoyun. Nice to meet you."
I found her online. She basically helps new people out with their apartment and way around the city and she speaks English so that makes communicating easier. I speak Korean quite a bit but I still prefer English for longer terms.
I was talking to her and the rest of my luggage arrived. After that Seoyun and I planned the furniture and other things around. She's really good and practical about everything. After about three hours of planning, we headed out to choose the furniture and buy other necessary appliances. She made things easier and faster. We had lunch and then headed back to the apartment and all the things were delivered and fixed. Most of the things were done and now only the things had to be unpacked and put in place.
"Seoyun-ssi, you must be tired. You did most of the work. Thank you for all your help. Let's call it a day and resume tomorrow."
"Sure. Good Night Srisha-ssi. See you tomorrow"
I headed back to Hayley's after having dinner as Hayley said she will be late home. I was really tired and then I got a call from my parents. I'd a nice chat with them and told them about everything that happened throughout the day. I was shocked when dad told me that he got a gift for me saying that it's a car. I was so grateful for the gift. He said that it would be delivered tomorrow. After talking to them a little longer, I went to sleep.
I woke up at 5 again the next day and heard someone opening the door. I went out of the room to check and saw that it was Hayley. She looked so exhausted.
"Good Morning sweety. I'm back home. Saved a life."
"Good Night for you. I'm proud of you baby. Go get some sleep. I'll keep food for you. Eat it after waking up."
The days went by. After almost two weeks, my apartment was completely ready to be lived in. I moved into my new apartment a week back. Now it was time to get back to work. I started packing up my schedule, keeping aside enough time for going around.
One more week passed. My other close friend Areum was back to Seoul from her work trip.She was two years younger than me, and was more like a younger sister. She worked in an entertainment company. BigHit.
It was a Sunday and was my day-out with Areum. We both went around many places, ate and talked a lot.
"So unnie, you came back to the same city as your bias."
"Come onnnn Areum. You can't tease me like that. You work in the same company as my bias."
"I know how passionate you are about everything you do. We both worked very hard to reach where we are now. Saying this, let's go have a drink."
"I hate clubs but let's go"
Life kept going and I was really happy.