27. Resort

The next day we all went to a place, which you can call a resort and we had it all for ourselves for the day. It was way too big for just six people to stay in but we have 'global celebrities' here so we can't risk it out. Mom and dad were also supposed to come with us but they stayed back as they were caught up with work, but to me it seemed that they did it on purpose to just leave us children alone. Doesn't make sense but whatever. It would have been fun if they joined us. My parents are Workaholics, but they know well to prioritise things. My sister got the trait from there and she's also a workaholic, but if she takes off for a day then she's not gonna entertain anything related to work.

It was nearly a three and a half hour long trip on the roads. We all were cracking jokes, playing games and singing songs in the car.

Bhaiyya was driving the car and didi was beside him. Areum and Hayley in the second row and both of us in the last row leaning on each other.

I was telling them what all I did in the past few days in India and my sister was spilling out my childhood stories.

We reached the place and started roaming and looking around the place. I was dancing and running like kids. I was having so much fun.

Shreya: Do you guys wanna stay here overnight? This place is nice.

Hayley: We both are returning tonight.

Areum: Yea

Me: Can't you guys stay a little longer?

Hayley: Wish I could

Areum: Same

Me: It's ok. We'll hang out after returning.

Shreya: Stay here longer when you come for my wedding. It's next year.

Areum: We can't just attend like that. You need to send us a proper invitation.

Shreya: And what if I don't?

Hayley: We are still gonna come. We can't miss your wedding. Also, Indian weddings are grand and I low-key want to attend one.

Jimin and bhaiyya came with some drinks for all of us. We all were having drinks while we saw a couple getting inside. It was mom and dad. I ran to them.

"I thought you guys weren't coming"

"The meetings are still on, we just got them scheduled online."

"Srisha, you turned twenty-seven but you are still a lil kid. look at the way you came running at us."

"Don't you say that we will always be kids to you?"

"Why do you forget that we are also getting old every day? Look at our hairs"

"Let's go have lunch together everyone."

We all were having lunch together.

Mom: Both our daughters are now grown up, they are doing well and they have someone they love, I see that our parenting is successful.

Jimin: Aunty, who's your favourite child?

Mom: The older one for me, the younger one is Daddy's girl

Jimin: Clearly, she is

I slightly glare at him.

Mom: Is she good at it Jimin?

Everyone there choked at the food.

Me: Mommm

Mom: I'm just curious.

Jimin: I don't---know what you are talking about aunty.

He said showing his innocent face.

Mom: This boy is so innocent. We already had two kids at this age at our time.

Me: Try eating this, it tastes good.

I said pointing at a dish.

Mom and Dad left a few minutes after having lunch.

I pulled Jimin into a room.