Another sleepless night .

"And then he blew up the gateway arch ,"Thalia said , it had been a week and she was still telling my embarrassing stories at the campfire .

"That was the chimera's fault ," I protested although not very loudly . Most of the hunt treat me like their family , which is a good thing if you ignore all the pranks they pull on each other and me .

"I'm going to bed , see you tomorrow," Oh did I mention I also got a tent , yeah . 

I walked into my tent , the laughs of the girls could still be heard , and scanned the floor for my notebook and pencils . Drawing was one of the things I had taught myself upon joining the hunt , they didn't know and I hoped they wouldn't  any time soon . I couldn't sleep without the nightmares   , simple solution : don't sleep . I found myself working on a piece I started yesterday . It was a view you could find on the edge of our current campsite .It was one of my favorite places ,despite the water , I usually sat in the trees to watch the hunt do archery . Artemis knew about my terrible bow skills from past experience , in other words I almost shot her when we were eleven . It was at the point when I shot a tree nymph standing behind me that she band me from using a bow . I didn't blame her .

Soon the sun could be seen through my tent flap and I stepped outside . Artemis sat by the fire  , well by now the fire had gone out , talking to a hunter I didn't recognize . The girl turned to me and then said something to Artemis . I walked over there just in time to hear the end of the conversation  .

"That's just Percy , he helped me make the hunt ," Artemis was clearly explaining my presence .

"But he's a boy ?" The new hunter protested .

"He's one of the good ones ," 

"Hi ." What ? I wasn't gonna stand there and be awkward .

"Hi ." She replied stiffly . 

"Percy , can you get the others for me ?"

"Yeah."

The hunt gathered around Artemis waiting for the news .

"Sadly it is time for our annual trip to camp half blood ." 

************************

Hello everyone .

This is kind of a filler chapter but we're on 137 views . After just winging it I have finally planned the story out .There's going to be about 10 more chapters , varying in length and then maybe a sequel . I've unpublished a few of my stories to work on this one full time and with the lockdown I will try to post frequently , sorry but no promises . Thanks for reading ,

Louloudiwrites .

       27/01/2021