The girl

Thalia ended up dragging me to the beach where we now sat, staring at the ocean.

"You can always tell me, y'know?"

"I'm not too sure I can, I don't know what happened myself. One moment I was there and the next I had left and I just kept walking and thinking and running and feeling angry, at who I don't know. Maybe the gods, maybe the fates, maybe myself."

"Running away is always like that. All I know is Jason wasn't there, he was the only reason I stayed, so I left." She sighed. " You can't blame yourself for showing them your power, it's a path you don't want to go down, trust me, if you hadn't shown your power we would have lost so much more in that war, those wars, and we would have lost you."

" Who's we?"

"Me... and everyone else." She shook her head slightly.

" I don't know where home is anymore."

"With me and Nico."

"Nico's in the underworld or at camp and you're here with the hunt."

"You're with the hunt too, at least for now. Let's head back," she stood up and offered me a hand.

"Thanks Thalia," she smiled and walked away.

The path into the woods was different. Small patches of daisies and bluebells fell around it.

"Ummm Thalia, I know your the huntress but I don't think these were here before," I gestured to the flowers. 

She gave a small shrug before suggesting, "Wanna follow them?"

I nodded. 

We followed the growing clumps of flowers until we came to a large oak tree surrounded by bluebells and forget-me-nots. A small girl sat at the bottom, crying. She had short brunette hair, olive green eyes and next to her hand flowers seemed to bloom. Beside me I heard Thalia mumble 'Demeter' before I picked up a small bouquet of flowers and knelt in front of her. 

"Hey, I'm Percy and this is Thalia" I gestured to the daughter of Zeus who stood behind me. "What's your name?"

"Anna."

"Do you have family Anna? A home?"

She shook her head before asking, "Are they gone?"

"Who?" She pointed to a large blackberry bush, surrounded by golden dust. "Yes they're gone."

Thalia spoke next to me, "Do you want to come meet my sisters? We have food and clean clothes." Anna nodded. Thalia lifted the girl into her arms and I handed her the bouquet. She laughed as Thalia wiped her tears away. "I think I know your mom"

"What?" The girls eyebrows furrowed. 

"She can make flowers too."

"Really?" I laughed at that, Demeter could do a lot more than make flowers.

************

After a while of walking Artemis found us.

"Where on Earth have you two been?" 

I pointed to the small child, "This is Anna." Thalia set Anna down. She frowned and held a small hand towards me, I took it. We followed them as they spoke.

"Godly parent?"

"She can create flowers."

"Family?"

"None. Is she staying with us?"

"I hope so." Artemis turned to smile at Anna. And I swear I heard her mumble something about Zoe.